11.19.2007

Phantasmic Links 11.19.07

Where did Sunday go? When I got home from church, it was as gray and cold as when I'd left. A few drops of water on my windshield coupled with a radio report of rain and possibly snow had me debating whether or not to take my camera to a great location I'd thought of. I was feeling cooped up after finally getting around to organizing all the books I'd brought home from my old job on Saturday, a task that took nearly 8 hours. At least we can finally get to that corner of the living room again and the piano if need be.

I brought up the laundry I'd washed the night before, accidentally scaring the stray cat my mom's been feeding into our basement. She's been leaving the screen door open so he can come and go as he pleases. He hissed, ran downstairs when I approached, and once I moved past him to the clotheslines, he darted up and out. He's willing to come in for warmth and food, but still won't let people near him.

It still looked cloudy outside as I lay down to rest for a moment. The sound of my cell phone buzzing woke me up, and after a conversation with B13 I noticed it was after six o'clock! Time flies when you sleep through an entire day. Saturday was productive, and I hope to be productive in the short week ahead at work, but Sunday was almost a total loss. I say “almost”, because at the very least I can still compile this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Randy Taylor can't feed his family on a 12 ounce roll of sausage. I heard this on two different radio stations the other day, and every word of this complaint call is comedy gold. My favorite part is his openness about the size of his family, especially the word he uses to describe his wife...

(2) Comic characters correspond to the periodic table. I'm torn between relief that I'm not geeky enough to have thought of that, and jealousy that someone else thought of it first.
Hat tip: Curt.

(3) No, I am not Italian Spider-man, but it looks like a FANTASTIC show...
H.T.: B13 and Sean.

(4) The Cloverfield Monster has been revealed! So much for thinking happy thoughts...
H.T.: Sean.

(5) I got a 24 on this Almost Impossible Rock Quiz, which would be great if there weren't 58 questions. How did you do?
H.T.: Darrell.

(6) Powerthirst will make you run like KENYANS!!” Or, if you prefer, JUNKIONS! ENERGY!!!

(7) Potter in the Hood! Hogwarts, son, HOGWARTS! He'll “bust a cap in your Azkaban!” Represent!
H.T.: B13

(8) Here are 25 baffling toys from around the world. God robots? Teddy bear guns? Japan is so cool.

(9) Street Fighter: The Later Years Part 4 and Part 5 are now available. If you haven't seen the first three, you can find the whole series at this link.

(10) Beautiful women from several decades morph into one another. Mesmerizing.

(11) Twilight Heroes is a classic role-playing game in which you're an ordinary person by day, a hero by night, and you level up as you play. This could prove to be a new addiction...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

10 is a joy and I'm reading the rules of 11 as we speak....addictive is good for people with time on their hands.

11/19/2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

10 was a "10" but I goot an eerie feeling halfway through it... like they were looking through me. Spooky...

11/19/2007 1:50 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

... and it made me start speaking in a Scottish accent... it was THAT goot!

11/19/2007 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home