11.12.2007

Phantasmic Links 11.12.07

Knocked Up was a good movie, very funny with a surprising amount of heart and reality. Sometimes it was a little too real, but it works. That was definitely a highlight of my weekend, along with some long overdue exercise. I probably shouldn't go from being inert to running through woods when it's 30 degrees outside, as my lungs would tell me after the fact. I'll catch my breath and move on to this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Heroes' Hiro meets his match... one of many inside looks from Adrian Pasdar.
Hat Tip: Rey

(2) Pac-Man flees a ghost monster in the real world. I miss college.

(3) Joss Whedon reunites with Eliza Dushku for a new series on FOX. It will be my favorite new show before I find myself complaining about its cancellation.

(4) LOLinator will give any site the LOLcat treatment. Here's mine. I wonder what happens if you make it LOLinate itself...?

(5) Heavy Ink is a social network of comic book geeks. Finally, I can find other people like me on the internet. They also sell comics too, so it's like hanging out in a virtual comic book store.
H.T.: Curt

(6) Does tapping the top of a soda can stop it from foaming?

(7) 20 films in CGI history show how far technology has come from 1982 to the present. I've seen 15 out of 20, and I was impressed each time.
H.T.: Sean.

(8) Mr. Mothball 2 is a challenging little time-waster that seems infinite but, as I eventually discovered, low health triggers a boss battle. That made things interesting...

(9) Prisoners reenact Thriller. So, which is scarier: zombies or convicts?

(10) Stateris taught me how much I've forgotten about geography, and it took me over 13 minutes to finish easy on my first try, and 6 on my second. At least I remembered Albania borders on the Adriatic. Who says television isn't educational?

(11) With the writer's strike, many of our favorite shows will be disappearing soon. I just saw an ad describing this week's Prison Break as a “Fall finale”, so I guess this explains it. The horror begins; I hope it's resolved soon, and that all the shows come back.
H.T.: Sean.

(12) Stranded is a simple and mesmerizing game. Catch a variety of fish for the locals, upgrade your abilities, and unlock two special areas on the island. I spent a lot of peaceful time there this weekend.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home