11.14.2007

PBW: The Cold Woods

I've been considering removing Photo Blog Wednesday as a weekly feature. I'm having trouble thinking of new subject matter lately, so I wonder if it wouldn't be better every other week, or when I've had a genuine adventure. Perhaps an extra day of written content would be a good thing. Of course, feedback is appreciated and it's been a while since I asked for audience suggestions. What would you like to see in a Photo Blog Wednesday? Nature's always been my first instinct and most visited subject, because the camera is a good excuse to go hiking and get some real exercise...



Let me catch my breath. When I've gotten out of shape, perhaps uphill in the Fall is not the best starting point to resume exercise. Still, that footage would be great for a horror movie. I slowed down after that, as fading light and a few dead-end trails proved to be vexing adversaries.





(M.L. + J.G.? Martin Lawrence and Jennifer Garner? Well played, Mr. Lawrence...)











So that was me last weekend, wandering the cold woods. If I don't come up with something new or interesting next week, I probably won't force it. Definitely let me know which images speak to you the most. Trees? Beaches? Cars? Cats? Dogs? Squirrels? Landmarks? Architecture? The Nexus is looking and listening for inspiration.

I'll close with a more pop cultural note, as I made an interesting discovery on Tuesday night. My Stepmother is An Alien encompasses more of what's wrong with ‘80s movies than what's right, though it does have some redeeming qualities. Apparently, this is the major motion picture that introduced the world to Alyson Hannigan, and includes early appearances of Juliette Lewis as one of her friends and Seth Green as her prom date. Early appearances.







How insane is that? Except for the red hair, braces, and carnation, that dude is ridiculously me in high school, complete with a tie too short to reach his belt. It was great to learn where Willow and Oz really first met.

I wonder what ever happened to the careers of their adult co-stars? Could Lovitz be wandering in the woods somewhere?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

I think the mental institution is calling us... no really, let's get together to shoot some asylum this weekend. Kings Park perhaps?

11/14/2007 1:57 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

don't give up PBW---you have such a good eye. maybe you should go for indoorsy stuff, with mirrors.

11/14/2007 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home