11.17.2007

20 Truths

This past week has been insanely busy, and every coworker I've spoken with shared the sentiment. I got a lot done, including getting approval from the VP and CEO on one of my designs for the holiday party invitation. So, next week I can focus on my core responsibilities once more, but not before enjoying a well deserved weekend.

I had intended to write about how 30 Rock sneaks up on me sometimes, and lately I've been catching myself laughing out loud at certain things when I least expect it. I'm a bit exhausted though, so I'll save that for another day while I instead tackle the easier task of a meme, answering 20 questions with brutal honesty or clever misdirection.

1. What's your middle name?
Joseph. Or Cloaked. Or Wayvid...

2. Your current relationship status?
I'm overweight, geeky, and still living with my parents; I'm pretty sure that answers the question.

3. What is your current mood?
Bleary.

4. If you could go back in time and change something, would you?
I never thought a girl would go for a guy like me, and when I was in my early 20s one actually did. I once told her that all the bad things I'd gone through in my life didn't matter, because every catalyst of every decision I made led me to her. If I didn't get picked on in public school, my parents might not have sent me to a private school. If I didn't go to that school, I might not have chosen the college I did, which led to the internship, which led to the job where I met her. We had 2.5 great years together, and even though it ultimately didn't work out, the experience did teach me to never say never. I have no idea what my future holds, but I know that changing any one bad thing in my past or anyone else's could erase a good thing in the future. Think of The Butterfly Effect.

5. Where was the last place, out of town, that you went to?
Work.

6. Ever had a near death experience?
By my count, six: two-near drownings, one fall on to a piece of glass face-first, one blow to the head by a flagpole, one birth defect, and one car accident. There are probably a few I'm forgetting, and a few things that would have resulted in serious injury rather than death, and are thus better categorized as near near death experiences.

7. Something you do a lot?
Work.

8. Do you have a fondness for gnomes?
I am a gnome.

9. Name someone with the same birthday as you?
Freddy Heineken, Art Carney, Markie Post, Kathy Griffin, Ralph Macchio, P Diddy, Matthew McConaughey, Laura Bush, and Doris Roberts all share a birthday with me and I suggest to any of the living ones who might read this, that our eclectic group would make a great team of superheroes. Actually, the deceased ones are welcome too. Zombie Carney would have the same charm, and Heineken could be present in spirits...I may need to draw this team.

10. Where are you right now?
Sitting in front of a computer, the same place I am every night.

11. If you could have one super power what would it be?
I'd like to freeze time; I'd get so much done.

12. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Eyes.

13. Favorite color?
Red.

14. What are you eating or drinking at the moment?
Orange Gatorade, slightly frozen.

15. Do you speak any other language?
Je parle un petite peu de “High School” Français.

16. Describe your life in one word?
Mine.

17. Have any tattoos?
I still have rings around my ankles from when the sun burned them on Memorial Day; does that count?

18. What are you looking forward to the most?
Each year, Thanksgiving marks the most consecutive days off from work, and it's next week already!

19. If you could have any last name in the world, what would it be?
Alba, because if she's with me, it's a small compromise to take her name.

20. What is your natural hair color?
Black.

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

"1. What's your middle name?
Joseph."

Great... start it off with yet another reason for people to think we are one in the same... see I'm posting here cause we are not... unless that's all part of my/your/our ruse. MWAA-HA-HA-HA!

11/17/2007 3:25 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I saw through that b13/MCF ruse long ago, but that was amusing none the less.

11/19/2007 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home