11.10.2007

A Movie Thing Four.

It's been a long week. I'm happy to say I got to work fifteen minutes early on Friday, hopefully the reversal of a bad trend I'd fallen in to. The extra time helped, as it was my busiest day yet. I took a short lunch and stayed a little late, and in the end I realized that while it might be impossible to get everything done by myself, other people are just as likely to delay me. I actually had one coworker tell me “if someone makes all his deadlines, he doesn't have enough work to do.” I've been a slave to schedules for years, so that kind of attitude can be a little bit frustrating. There are times when it's worth it to spend more time on something to produce better quality results, rather than sacrifice quality just to meet a date on a calendar. It's something I struggle with, and something I need to ponder further.

I want my life to have balance, and I'd like to avoid past mistakes and accept that whatever I don't finish in one day can be faced in the next. I want to be the best worker I can be, but leave work at the office and not have it spill over. If I can recognize patterns I should be able to break them, shouldn’t I? It's been a long week, and I'm glad it's finally the weekend, even if cold rainy weather and a lack of interest led to the cancellation of a paintball outing. Nevertheless, it is the weekend, and I need a good game.

Who wants to play?

For those new to the following Movie Keyword game, the rules are quite simple:

1) Go to IMDB.com and look up 10 films.
2) Post five (5) official IMDB "Plot Keywords" for these 10 picks.
3) Have your friends guess the movie titles.


In the past, I've tried themes from the specific to the obscure, and I've asked readers to guess the connection between my selections. This time, I'm just going to admit up front that these are all recent rentals in the past two weeks, though certainly not all recent releases. Tomorrow I'll reveal the movies, and perhaps say a bit about each one. Please silence your cell phones, and be courteous to the person on the computer next to you.

1) Betrayal; Unrequited love; Pizza Delivery; Cult Favorite; Teen Sex Comedy.

2) Time for Title; Melon; Scavenger Hunt; Identical Twins; Miniature Golf.

3) Parody; Pastiche; Private Detective; Stock Footage; Title Spoken By Character.

4) Danger; Violin; Mistaken Identity; Shoe; Remake.

5) Gangster Film; Brother Sister Relationship; St. Valentine's Day Massacre; Bootlegging; Based On Novel.

6) Spy Spoof; Chauffeur; Insect; Concert Scene; Dehydration.

7) College Kid; Renovation; College Campus; Rejection; Hearing.

8) Shot In The Hand; Rogue Cop; Bakery; New York Skyline; Prisoner Transport.

9) Cellular Phone; Banker; Home Invasion; Dog; Video Surveillance.

10) Bridge Collapse; Based On Supposedly True Story; Tumor; Paranormal; Widower.


Some are obvious, while others are probably impossible. I hope I remember which ones I chose...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Sorry, but this comment: “if someone makes all his deadlines, he doesn't have enough work to do.” is wrong and definitely counter-productive. I'd have to fire this person if he worked for me. Try "if someone makes all his deadlines, he's a good planner". we are using the generic "he" here.

or try "if someone has a strong kneejerk reaction to inocuous statements by people she doesn't even know, she should get a life"

11/10/2007 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home