10.15.2007

Phantasmic Links 10.15.07

B13 gets the win with 13 out of 20 right in Cloakfest: OMNIPerilous!! TWO fragments of the Mysterious Master Prize™ are on their way to him, Aquaria.jpg and Canceron.jpg. The correct pairings are as follows:

1) How many Aunts does MCF have on his father's side?
S) Four.

2) On the new series Chuck, what is the main character's last name?
J) Bartowski.

3) What was one of the weaknesses of the Green Lantern's ring?
H) Yellow.

4) If my car were an Autobot, its name would be what?
P) Bluestreak.

5) In my dreams, I've never been aboard a submarine: true or false?
Q) True.

6) How many girls did I like in my high school?
R) Zero.
(Trick question; since I attended an all-boys school. the girl I was pining for at the time wasn't in my high school, but the public one I would have gone to.)

7) What was Mockingbird's husband's surname?
B) Barton.

8) What color are MCF's walls?
N) Blue.

9) What is my mother's maiden name?
U) I can't reveal that.

10) Which Metallica song was their first to appear in a music video?
F) One.

11) Who once chased me into traffic?
M) Sheira.
(A neighbor's Doberman)

12) Who's a sword wielding cartoon character?
L) Springer.

13) What is the name of the first cat that MCF remembers his mom having?
G) Muffin.

14) Are any of these questions paired with a correct answer?
O) Yes.

15) Where would I consider Martin Lawrence gave his defining performance?
D) Martin.

16) I've died in my dreams before: True or False?
E) False.

17) What's the lamest super hero name I ever came up with?
T) Cold Snap.

18) How many people do I expect will actually try this game?
A) 3

19) Thanks to having my finger stuck in my teacher's desk in third grade, what words did I have to speak while remaining seated?
K) “And Justice For All.”

20) What was the first vegetable flavor that baby MCF wrinkled his nose in disgust upon tasting?
C) Carrots.


And now, here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

I have a dilemma. Do I buy Best Buy's exclusive Transformers DVD with toys, Target's exclusive transforming DVD case, or the WalMart exclusive that includes a prequel DVD! I normally get my DVDs from the first source but those “toys” look shoddy, the transforming case from the second is really tempting, and while I'm not a fan of the third store, it has an additional DVD with exclusive content! I honestly don't know what to do.

In a related story, while I mulled over my options, I had Optimus Prime call my friends, and you can too! I wish he recognized more names, but overall it had very satisfying results.

Lyndon shares how Spider-man 3 should have ended. Groovy.

A new blood test may predict the onset of Alzheimer's. It's not a cure, but it is a headstart of sorts.

Meet Lada Niva, a Russian car that drives underwater. Bubbly.

Some folks climbed 15,771 feet to have a jacuzzi party on an icy mountain. That's hot. No, cool. No, hot....

In Off the Rails, you help two cacti(?) operate a rail cart and collect coins while avoiding obstacles and having a crazy good time. Ariba!

Soar once more into the insanity of looping nested paintings, with Zoomquilt II! So that's what drugs are like!

Nad Shot collects images from comics in which characters take one to the junk. Just when you think the internet has run out of themes...

I wish I could do this in real life: In Portal, you're armed with a gun that lets you fire off start and end points for teleportation. It definitely comes in handy when you're trapped, but the game gets more difficult as certain walls are portal proof and one zone includes a hallway that fries you on intervals, which is where I finally got stuck. Cool and addictive.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

Walmart. Pre-quel DVD: gotta have it!

I think that transforming DVD case looks cheesey and while I haven't seen the toys, I'm not that interested in them as much as I am the prequel DVD (even though I have a bad feeling about it).

10/15/2007 3:07 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Omniperilous really stumped me except for some reason I knew that you had four aunts on your father's side.

I couldn;t load the Lada link, but we actually bought a Lada in 1980-something! Drove like a tank.

10/15/2007 4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Kev go with the Walmart version! The transforming case just looks kind of lame and the toys don't seem much better :-(

10/15/2007 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wal-Mart...

But why do I have this feeling that in 2 months there will be a super-special collector's edition with tons of extra bonus footage...?

I'm tempted to wait and see.

10/15/2007 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home