9.12.2007

PBW: WIIW

A year ago, possibly longer, I was lamenting the fact that commenting had declined, especially after what I thought was a particularly good Photo Blog Wednesday. TheGreek had an excellent suggestion, pointing out that if I wanted readers to be more involved with my photos, I should make them interactive. “Why don't you crop in really close on something,” he said, “then have them try to guess what it is?” It was an interesting idea that, for whatever reason, I never followed up on.

If you're a fan of B13, you'll know that he's found success with this exact concept, which he calls ”What is it Friday?” Every week ends with a close shot, and many times it takes a lot of guessing and a few hints before someone figures it out. His big 30th edition is just around the corner. To celebrate, and mostly because I worked through the weekend and didn't get out to take pictures, I'm totally stealing the idea this week.

Below are 10 pictures of things found in my room. Anyone who gets a passing grade, that is to say at least 7 out of 10 correct, will win a fragment of the coveted Mysterious Master Prize™. Next week, I'll pull back and reveal what we're actually looking at. And hopefully, B13 won't sue...










Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

1. camera case
2. tic tacs... or cacoons
3. dilbert doll... er... action figure
4. simpson's toy
5. DVD case
6. artistic calendar
7. cell phone
8. some sort of furniture grain... wood or resin
9. bent elbow... I hope...
10. dresser knob

9/12/2007 12:59 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

1) Laptop case
2) Sprinkles
3) Dilbert plush
4) Personal massager
5) Album cover
6) Game of some sort
7) Cell phone
8) Book
9) That looks more knee like
10) Drawer pull

9/13/2007 4:02 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I feel like they pretty much got them all. But I just want to point out that I believe #5 is more specifically the "V For Vendetta" case.

9/14/2007 6:06 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

I'm not saying if you're right or wrong Wendy, but if you are that'd be only 10%, one out of ten. Sure you don't want to take a stab at the other 9?

9/14/2007 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever #9 is, it needs to be posted over on HairyU

Oh, and #4 is a closeup of your Starfire action figure's cleavage, you perv ;-}

9/14/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

01) Boot?
02) Tic Tacs, I hope, and not nits.
03) Dilbert.
04) My Little Pony.
05) V for Vendetta artwork.
06) Dang. Some kind of punchcard?
07) Everybody else says cellphone, and they're probably right, but I'll guess digital camera to be different.
08) Telephone book
09) That's just not right.
10) It has to be a drawer.

9/15/2007 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home