7.25.2007

PBW: Tread Lightly



While reading outdoors this past Saturday, a fluttering butterfly fluttered by. I couldn't say that last sentence in the time it took to disappear, and only got one decent shot. So the following day, in search of more images for Photo Blog Wednesday, I headed to a park. There I found plenty of birds, a baby bunny, a tank and a very special squirrel.










I was realizing I'd ventured an hour from where I'd parked my car, so I was heading back when I heard scuffling and saw in the distance what I thought was a squirrel drinking from a cup twice his size. Closer inspection showed he was just nibbling away at it, entertainingly so.




I crept closer, as shaky portions of the above video demonstrate. At some point he noticed, dropped his prize, and leapt on to a tree, assuming his fiercest stance.



I felt bad for disturbing him, and took the long way around a golf range rather than scare him further. I hope he got back to his treasure.

I guess you never really know what you'll come across in the wild.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Love what you did with the "Hamma-time!" picture... and I guess the squirrel thing is catching on ;)

That bunny is too cute.

7/25/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Here's a review of me scrolling through these pictures:

Top: "Geese, duckies, bunnies... cool..."

Middle: "Cool, tanks!"

Bottom: "Squirrels ... hmmm... WHAT THE F%#@# IS GOING ON IN THAT PIC OF B13?"

7/25/2007 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home