5.08.2007

PBW: Bebe's Squirrels



That's no way to start a Photo Blog Wednesday, now is it? While my eight-legged friend on the ceiling caught me by surprise last week, and I had a “fun” time catching him and getting him outside after he provided some photo opportunities, I'm actually going to focus on some four legged friends today. Some of you may remember a neighborhood cat stalking a mama squirrel in my yard. Happily, the little lady survived this predator, and even after my dad took down our old Christmas tree and moved the bird feeder to a tree in our front yard, she had no trouble finding it.



I filmed that this past weekend. Agile, isn't she? That's because a few weeks ago we noticed her offspring living in a hole up in our neighbor's tree. Every morning my parents have been watching them, “ooh”s and “ahh”s a welcome change from things like “where do all these damn kids come from?” or “don't they give out homework anymore?” Much like B13, I got to see the little guys frolic and grow. One was braver than the other, and one morning I saw him running up and down the thinnest of branches while his brother still hung back in the shadows. We haven't seen either of them for a few days now, and I think they may have finally left the nest. One morning last week, while they were still curiously peeking out at the world that awaited them, I was fortunate enough to capture the following:












Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

For a second there I thought those squirrels had infiltrated an elephant ;)

5/09/2007 10:21 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

How big was that blankety-blank spider?

5/09/2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Those squirrels are SO cute!
Great photos.

5/09/2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Scott Roche said...
How big was that blankety-blank spider?


Not too big; about the size of my blanking thumbnail.

5/09/2007 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home