5.07.2007

Phantasmic Links 5.7.07

I saw quite a few movies this weekend, in between mowing lawns and generally enjoying the amazing weather. One of the films I caught was Crumb, with it the realization that my college friends didn't recommend it because Robert Crumb reminded them of me. I think they saw me in his reclusive brother Charles, who read the same books over and over, still lived at home, and never left his room. Charles also had violent impulses controlled by medication, and was unemployed among other problems, so he wasn't an exact match, but there were similarities. Crumb and his brothers, for all their perversions, oddities, and antisocial tendencies were all amazing artists though. It was an interesting documentary, but I'll echo Darrell's sentiments and add that once is enough. Things that can appreciated multiple times however will hopefully be found in this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

I'm up for Best Geek Blog as well as Best Blog About Stuff. It's a great honor, and I appreciate the votes I've received so far. And if I win, I have to unmask.

I also made this week's Carnival of Cinema, which is always exciting! Be sure to visit and check out all the other great film related posts.

While we're on the subject of movies, Darrell breaks down Spider-man 3 at Film Geeks. He does a nice job categorizing how you'll react depending on your level of fandom. We're actually on the same page, although I liked the movie a lot more than he did.

Darrell also sent me some movie titles lost in translation. What would Captain Supermarket do at a time like this?

Here's one more from Darrell: Game Over for Mario.

You're all going to hate me for linking to ZWoK. It will consume your life and destroy your productivity, but most importantly it will be fun.

These next two aren't Phantasmic so much as an interesting cover comparison . When I saw this cover and recognized it as an obvious homage to this old favorite, I couldn't help but ask “why?” Why replace Black Widow with Bucky in that composition?

While we're on the subject of comic book covers, here's a great Jack Kirby DC assortment from Curt.

I don't know if this will have more than local appeal, but here are some old Nassau County Postcards.

Why is no one laughing at this comedian? The answer is hilarious, and the link is from Rey.

I love hearing the harp when I clear another level of Cyberbox.

33 photos chronicle a parrot's birth and development.

You've seen these movies, but have you seen their posters rendered Grind House style?

Probably the best thing I watched all week were these ”I'm a Marvel”/”And I'm a DC” ads.

Finally, here's an assortment from B13:
Pulp Muppets; if only they were coming soon to a theater near me.

These toys are going to read your mind.

Nanotech is used to bore holes in microchips.

”Tonight we dine at the Olive Garden!!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Those parrot photos "RAAAWK!" (sorry)

And those two games will be taking up a bit of my night. (Before and after 24/Heroes)

5/07/2007 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home