3.16.2007

MCF's Visual DNA




I found this great widget via Lorna. By choosing from a selection of pictures, it estimates your personality. Hers seemed pretty accurate, so I gave it a whirl. From television, video games, nature, and more it labeled me a Dreamer, a Conqueror, a Junkie Monkey, and a Love Bug. The widget above doesn't include further elaboration, so I'll add it below:

Moods: Dreamer
I can be both calm and peaceful, and I like to feel free to explore my environment. I can be a little nostalgic and I love revisiting familiar places and memories. When it comes to art, I appreciate natural beauty. i take the time to soak up the nature favoring the coastline and countryside to the city galleries. As for music, it's the soundtrack to my world. An open road, my favorite tracks—clichés are there to be enjoyed! My choice of treat shows that I like to be able to switch off, so I like to switch on...I'm glued to the box.


I can't find anything in there I disagree with, although I spend more time listening to the radio driving back and forth to work than I do on road trips. Given a choice though, I do like to turn on the radio and just drive without any destination in mind, and I've found some of the best photo opportunities on such adventures. I wish I could do that more. It's interesting that by choosing the shell, I was thinking of the pattern while the site classified that as more of a love for natural beauty, probably factoring all the other outdoor images I chose. I think it's both. And I do like to watch television at the end of the day and not think about anything else.

Fun: Conqueror
I love physical activity—I've got a real spirit for adventure. Keeping a clear head and healthy body makes me ready for whatever life throws at me. For kicks, I'm definitely competitive and easily hooked. I like the discipline of honing my skills and getting really good at something. I tend to stamp my foot when things don't quite go my way! When it comes to holidays, I'll take experience over comfort every time, whether under canvas or under the stars. I love the chance to be in the wilderness and the freedom of being in charge of where I'm heading. What grosses me out? I favor the natural look and can't stand a pumped and plumped, plastic appearance.


At first, I didn't see how someone quiet and laid-back like me could be considered a “conqueror”, but when I read the description it made more sense. I wouldn't describe my body as “healthy”, but I do try, and when I miss a day or two at the gym, I definitely feel more tired, more stressed, and have a shorter fuse. I do like honing my skills, and tend to focus on one thing for a very long time, to the exclusion of everything else. I picked the shiny bosomy male torso because it was a shiny bosomy male torso, but the natural look thing can be applied to females as well. I like a natural beauty over someone who's had a lot of plastic surgery, and it goes without saying that a female body builder would also be gross, since she'd have the same physique as that guy and be wearing a top as a formality. I like freedom and the wilderness, but not real camping. I tried it once and it wasn't for me, and subsequent camping trips were spent in trailers with plumbing and electricity. I like being near the woods and exploring, but I like having a modern structure to return to.

Habits: Junkie Monkey
Even if I have a healthy approach to life, I still have my vices and a craving hunger drives my needs! So I'll supersize it, I love convenience and that taste...I'm not neurotic about making healthy choices...I've got more of an easy going and carefree approach to my lifestyle...and a sweet tooth too. As for the home, style is not top of my list—I'm too busy with other things in life. I collect and store—I can be a hoarder.


It's like they had a camera in my brain. I can't find a single thing to disagree with or modify in this section. It's all part of my frustrating and baffling dichotomy. I have to have some things a certain way, but neglect clutter. I run three miles a day, and can finish a box of cookies on my ride home. It's like half of my traits are working in direct opposition to the other half sometimes.

Love: Love Bug
I'm a real romantic and a bit of a dreamer. OK, life may not be a movie, but what's wrong with thinking it is? When I think of freedom—nature takes over. Getting back out into the wilderness is a big draw.


Again, this is spot-on. I might not come across as a romantic in real life, but my brain is always playing out movies and thinking of suave things to say to girls, even if I never say them. When I was in a relationship, there were things I said and did that surprised myself and I'd later wonder, “where did that come from?” or “who am I?”

Of course, back in those days I didn't have internet access to get such valuable answers.

4 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

that's fun...it's a fun idea and i too enjoyed going through and just choosing pictures.

3/16/2007 4:36 AM  
Blogger shruti said...

MCF...I too tried it. It's fun. And guess what I am a dreamer too. Hehehe.

3/16/2007 6:17 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I wish I had thought to put the explanations in. I guess I'll just have to have "Thimk" tattooed somewhere....

3/16/2007 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did it, but frakkin Wordpress didn't let me publish it. Gits. Maybe I'll post a link later today. And since I haven't said something in ages, Hi!

3/18/2007 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home