2.21.2007

PBW: Sinister Limitation

What happens when I can't bend my right arm? You get a Photo Blog Wednesday consisting almost entirely of pictures of the snow and ice in my yard. It really killed me to stay home on Monday too, because I don't seem to be maturing out of my wanderlust and the call of the road has been especially strong lately. I felt overdue for a real adventure, and woke up on my day off with an elbow that had swollen and gotten more painful. I went to bed dreaming of all the places the road might take me, and woke up wondering if I could take five steps without jostling my arm the wrong way.

The good news is that after a day of constant ice packs and NSAIDs, the swelling came down enough for me to regain some mobility. As of now, I'm not 100%, but I'm getting there a little at a time and have an increasing range of motion before I hit the wincing zone. Maybe the injury was God's way of telling me to settle down or, more likely, that I have to make more time for the gym in spite of challenging deadlines at work.






That's our Charlie Brown Christmas tree in the foreground, and the tree it came from in the background. Every year my folks replant it and use it to hang a bird feeder, which squirrels love as much as the birds do. That tree fragment is never sacrificed in vain.









And, when walking around the yard struggling to take left-handed pictures fails, I can always come inside and take pictures of our cats, Cubby and Chirp. With all the canine love at Darrell's and B13's, someone around here had to represent my feline friends. I've alternately caught them snacking, staying warm and cozy, or being utterly indifferent to the paparazzi.










Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home