2.13.2007

MCF's Perilous! 2.I Questions

Well, the second series of MCF's Perilous! is off to a quiet start, with only three entries in the first round. I definitely appreciate a busy schedule, and everything from as-yet unanswered e-mails to my inbox at work testify to that. Still, I am considering making future rounds easier with fewer answers, perhaps only 10. But, for this round, I provided 20 answers for which my readers had to come up with the corresponding questions and post them on their blogs. Scoring was as follows:

1 pt=each question
2 pts=each question that matches MCF's
-1 pt=any sentences not in question form, or forgetting a question mark
15 pts=Bonus for the Best Question


Each series has five rounds, at the end of which the player with the most points gets a prize. I know how many prizes there are, and I know what they form when combined. Our first winner, Scott, may or may not have an idea as well, but the only way to know for sure is to keep playing and win all those pieces for yourself.

Here's how everyone fared in the first round of our second series:

Round 1: B13 R1 23
Total: 23

Round 1: Lorna R1 24
Total: 24

Round 1: Kev Bayer R1 38
Total: 38

Kev Bayer got the 15 point bonus for question #13. Well done!

Now, here are the questions I had in mind:

1. Because he's David Carradine, damnit!
Why did David Carradine deserve better than to be hung up on 17 times and generally mocked and disrespected during a radio interview with “DJs” JV and Elvis?

2. They're either really honest, or they never clean there.
When I forgot my gold watch at my desk over the weekend, why didn't the cleaning people take it?

3. Fell face first on a piece of glass, fell below the surface in the deep end of a swimming pool, climbed out on a second story window ledge, was force-fed poisonous berries, suffered massive internal bleeding from a birth defect, was pulled out to sea by the combined force of a wave and undertow, danced in Manhattan traffic while very drunk, sat in the passenger side of a car which was struck by an oncoming van, walked across a partially frozen pond, and wakes up every morning, to name a few.
What are some of the ways I've nearly died?

4. None of it is hyperbole.
What's the frightening truth about the previous answer?

5. Eddie, Kurt, James and Chris.
What are the first names of the lead singers of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Metallica, and Audioslave?

6. Cobie, Rena, Charisma, and Rosie.
What are the first names of three actresses who would look awesome as Wonder Woman, and one who definitely would not?

7. Instinctive, compulsive snacking.
What's my greatest weight-loss obstacle during these Winter months?

8. Emil, Chaos, Rocket, Graem
Can you name four characters that have been portrayed by actor Paul McCrane?

9. This video would be.
Which follow-up video link might be a strong hint toward the previous question?

10. Velcro.
What was my favorite improvement to sneakers when I was in Middle School?

11. Squeeze it between your thumb and forefinger, then twist.
How do you open a child-proof cap?

12. Because there isn't a single “real” photo of me anywhere on my blog.
Why am I probably ineligible for the 2000 Bloggers project I found over at Lyndon's?

13. Charlie Whoosh-whoosh.
In high school, what did my friend think Bon Jovi was singing instead of ”Tommy whispers”?

14. NCC-1701
What was the license plate number on George Takei's limo on last week's Heroes?

15. The second week of October, in the year 2010.
When will I post the most revealing photo of myself ever?

16. You'll have to keep reading to find out.
How do you know I'm not lying about that photo?

17. HIs brother Kevin.
Which relative of Matt Dillon's starred in 1988's The Blob.

18. It can only increase.
What depressing realization have I come to about my workload the longer I stay employed?

19. A train, a space shuttle, a tank, a fighter jet, a fuel tanker, and a commercial airliner.
What were the vehicular modes of the first three Decepticon Triple Changers?

20. Seven times a week.
How often do I update my blog?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Damn... I thought I did better than that :(

2/13/2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Doubledamn...I thought I did better than that:(

2/14/2007 12:21 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I totally got number 19 right.

2/14/2007 6:09 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Wooo!! I got the bonus!

2/14/2007 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home