2.16.2007

Back on Track

I don't know what it is, but it seems like every year at this time, I veer off course in normally steady areas of my life. I've yet to miss a deadline at work, but it's been a real struggle the past few weeks, and I feel like I've been skipping the gym a lot in order to work late and remain employed. Just when I'm on the cusp of clearing my inbox, the next set of assignments rolls around. I think the projects have just been scheduled very close together, because even making my lists and setting my goals in priority order, waves keep crashing on my efforts to tread water.

A vicious chain of events results. I've noticed a thin patch in my hair, and fear I may soon be balding. A combination of stress and cold weather leads to a lot more snacking, and though I'm not even hungry I find myself raiding the refridgerator late at night, looking for cookies. I eat and don't exercise because I'm tired, and I'm tired from too much eating and lack of physical activity. On top of all of this, I've been sick for the past week, breaking one of the longest healthy streaks of my life.

When I went to the gym on Thursday night, I felt like I hadn't been down there in weeks. In truth, only a week had gone by, but I've only been getting down there once or twice a week instead of my usual five times. Running helped clear some of the fog that had accumulated in my brain, but left me exhausted rather than energetic. The scale showed a gain of four pounds, which isn't an insurmountable backslide.

I'm human. It's frustrating when I can't maintain or exceed my performance, but my mental computer is prone to such crashes from time to time. I'm going to get back on track though, get my job done and get regular exercise. I've been through these rough patches before, and I've always recovered. This time though, I've even missed some important geek details on the internet, and once I miss those, I might as well retire my blog. Normally obsesive about finding easter eggs, to the point where I regularly visit sites like Gamewinners.com and the Homestar Runner Wiki, I was surprised when one of my friends pointed out hidden links in the Heroes online graphic novels. Apparently, by clicking certain pages of each comic while in “read mode”, you're led to videos, sketches, and other additional content from the hit series. Here's what's available so far:

Issue 01: An inked page from the Hiro comic
Issue 02: An inked page from the Nathan comic
Issue 03: A video from Nathan's ad campaign
Issue 04: Claire's MySpace page
Issue 05: I couldn't find one in week five.
Issue 06: A painting of Peter dodging locker doors
Issue 07: The unfinished Sylar painting from the show
Issue 08: The painting of Hiro and Ando under the bloody banner
Issue 09: A photo of Claire and Peter between takes
Issue 10: A shot of Greg Grunberg and Clea Duvall in action
Issue 11: A painting of the character who will explode(I won't spoil it for potential newcomers)
Issue 12: Another shot of Peter during filming
Issue 13: Claire and Peter
Issue 14: Nathan and Peter
Issue 15: Nathan and Peter in what appears to be the same shot from the previous week's issue
Issue 16: Here's the cast at the Golden Globe Awards
Issue 17: Nothing....
Issue 18: Nada....
Issue 19: Hiro gets his swordsmanship on
Issue 20: Bennett observes his high security cell

If that wasn't geeky enough to prove my blog is still running at full capacity, I also took a comic book dating quiz that J-No sent me. I'd be happy with two of the three resulting fictitious ladies, and I wasn't surprised by any of the results:

Kitty Pryde

My Super Hero Lover is

Kitty Pryde

68.2% Match

Tough, smart, and caring, Kitty is loyal through and through. She will let her hair down and show you how to party. Just don't do her wrong or she'll use her ninja-moves on you.

Other Close Matches:

Aunt MayAunt May (62.8%)

Lois LaneLois Lane (60.4%)

Who is your super hero lover?

Life derailed; blog on schedule. Oh, I've wasted my life...

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

The MySpace pages devoted to make believe characters crack me up. Of course I go ahead and add a lot of them as friends. The only way to acknowledge such ridiculousness is to embrace it.

2/16/2007 6:17 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

I added Claire and Zach as my "friends" awhile back. I didn't know about the easter egg links in the on-line versions of he graphic novels. I just download the pdfs and read them at leisure.

I got Kitty Pryde too. She's hot.

2/16/2007 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home