2.06.2007

MCF's Perilous! 2.I

The first of five all-new, all-different editions of MCF's Perilous! is here! Does everyone like how I've combined Roman and Arabic numerals? Hopefully it won't be too confusing.

If you've been playing or reading so far, you know that Scott pulled out a win in the final round and received the first prize. There are a finite number of prizes, which when combined yield an even greater prize. I won't divulge what that is, but as more winners enter the fray, I suspect it will soon become apparent.

So, the scores have now reset and it's anyone's game once more. Hopefully we'll get some new names along with returning ones. Below, you will find 20 answers. You will have one week to come up with the corresponding questions and post them on your blogs, leaving a link to your post in the comments below. Next week, I'll reveal the questions I was thinking of, along with everyone's scores.

Points carry over from one installment to the next, and after five rounds the person with the most points can redeem them for a “prize”. Every five rounds, the scores reset, and a new winner could potentially gain a piece of the Mysterious master prize. Here's our current scoring system:

1 pt=each question
2 pts=each question that matches MCF's
-1 pt=any sentences not in question form, or forgetting a question mark
15 pts=Bonus for the Best Question


Will you face the perils below and attain the maximum points possible? Here are the next 20 answers:

1. Because he's David Carradine, damnit!

2. They're either really honest, or they never clean there.

3. Fell face first on a piece of glass, fell below the surface in the deep end of a swimming pool, climbed out on a second story window ledge, was force-fed poisonous berries, suffered massive internal bleeding from a birth defect, was pulled out to sea by the combined force of a wave and undertow, danced in Manhattan traffic while very drunk, sat in the passenger side of a car which was struck by an oncoming van, walked across a partially frozen pond, and wakes up every morning, to name a few.

4. None of it is hyperbole.

5. Eddie, Kurt, James and Chris.

6. Cobie, Rena, Charisma, and Rosie.

7. Instinctive, compulsive snacking.

8. Emil, Chaos, Rocket, Graem

9. This video would be.

10. Velcro.

11. Squeeze it between your thumb and forefinger, then twist.

12. Because there isn't a single “real” photo of me anywhere on my blog.

13. Charlie Whoosh-whoosh.

14. NCC-1701

15. The second week of October, in the year 2010.

16. You'll have to keep reading to find out.

17. HIs brother Kevin.

18. It can only increase.

19. A train, a space shuttle, a tank, a fighter jet, a fuel tanker, and a commercial airliner.

20. Seven times a week.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

OohOoh!! I'm pretty sure I know the Questions to #14 and #19!! (and that's probably it).

2/06/2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Done... and DAMN this took a while...

2/06/2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I'll get it sometime this week.

2/07/2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

oooohhh! trouble right here in River City---will you make my link later?

2/12/2007 1:40 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Sorry, I got nothin'. I've looked at it three times so far and I just sit here going "Uhhh..."

2/12/2007 6:35 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Here's mine.

I think I got close on #5 too - pulled it out my a** just before finishing up.

2/12/2007 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home