4.05.2006

PBW: Welwyn

This past weekend, I took a drive out to Welwyn, a large nature preserve that includes wooded trails, a beach, and a Holocaust center. I was encouraged by innumerable signs nailed to many trees along the entrance road proclaiming in unmistakable bold letters “NO DOGS”, but when I got to the beach of course everyone had a dog. At least they were on leashes and except for one encounter on the walk back with a German Shepherd twice the size of his owner that strained and leapt as she struggled with the leash to hold him back, my visit was without incident.

For this week's Photo Blog Wednesday, I've collected images of the gardens, a stream, the gazebo at the end of a rock jetty, an abandoned and spooky greenhouse left to crumble, and one impressive close-up I'm especially proud of. See if you can tell which it is...


























Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Spaceman Bill said...

Entirely unrelated, but cheggout Apple's Boot Camp.

AND GET CITY YOU CHUMP! I'll update my lame-o blog if you do.

4/06/2006 12:18 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm guessing it's the bee closeup you're very proud of? That's some awesome detail.

4/06/2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

How sick is that, Kelly? My old camera never could have taken a shot like that. I may have to do a PBW insect edition at some point.

I heard about Boot Camp yesterday Bill. Very awesome news. If I had one of those new MacTels, I could totally run Windows and then get City. Until I get a new computer though, I'll have to wait for it to come out for OS X.

4/06/2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger Xtine said...

I have to go here...I just found the LI Museum (oin Roslyn, or Manhassette i think?). cool

4/06/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

Aw, but dogs are so entertaining

4/08/2006 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home