3.30.2006

paRtied ouT

It's been a crazy week juggling work, camera woes, and helping with Rey's going-away party. Some days I've been away from my desk for hours, while other days found me still at work hours after I really should have gone home. In the past two week's there's been a birthday lunch for Rey, the party at work, a going-away lunch, and three going-away dinners. The last of these he skipped since he had a lot to finish packing tonight, and so I gathered with three of our old college friends to watch DVDs and drink beer in his honor, though he himself doesn't drink.

Tomorrow is Friday though today felt like Friday. I can't believe I had two dinners tonight, drank, and watched The 40 Year Old Virgin and Napoleon Dynamite again. We also watched a digital slideshow of my friend's trip to India, which included 97 adorable pictures of his three-year-old daughter with puppies. It really showed how my friends have changed since college, but then they introduced me to Chapelle's Show and reminded me that they're still the same people. It's been an insanely fun and emotional week, and thanks to that last DVD I can't get the phrase, “I'm Wayne Brady, B****!” out of my head. Tomorrow morning is going to be very, very strange and trying. Hopefully my next post will be more coherent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhodester said...

that was pretty coherent.. sort of. I'm still on VACATION, and don't have to go back to work for several days yet! HAHAHAHA!!! But we're back from San Francisco, where we had a swell time, gosh darn it!

3/31/2006 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home