4.02.2006

Phantasmic Links 4.2.06

If you should ever have the opportunity to see The Pistol Wips perform, take it. I went to a show last night that ROCKED. I even came home with souvenirs, including a Transformers: Energon party hat, a sore knee thanks to the impact of a flung drum stick, and exhaustion when getting home after 3 AM really meant getting home after 4 AM thanks to Daylight Savings Time.

Lest anyone think my weekend was all fun and games, I did spend some time helping my dad as well. When trying to isolate a code on his friend's car yesterday, I pointed out that the “ghost image” he was trying to get rid of on the display of his digital code reader was in fact a sticker. I also helped him figure out that the reason it wasn't working was because his friend's car was a ‘94 and the device only read ‘96 or newer vehicles. I also indulged in several hours trying to find a diagram online explaining where a secondary temperature sender might be located on the engine block, finding nothing. The guy in the parts store sold him two, but we never found where the second one might go.

Today I changed the oil in my car and chopped and sawed a tree root to spare his shoulder, which is still recovering from having a cyst drained earlier this week. My car was due for an oil change, but how my dad justified working on the root “just to have something to do and get fresh air” mystifies me. There were several tense moments when he wanted to take the saw away from me and groused that I was bad at teamwork and he didn't know how I kept my job. He might have gotten the root out faster than I would have, but using an axe and a saw would not have sped up his healing process. I took advantage of the extra daylight to take some photos at a local beach and nature preserve using my sweet new camera, and I'll worry about sorting out 71 images later this week. For now, it's time to share this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

I might have seen this collection of wacky cat clips when it first aired, but it's great to be reminded of such hilarity. Hat tip to Cube

This is the single funniest Wayne Brady skit EVER, and I'll never think of him the same way again. Readers should be cautioned that the above clip contains explicit language and situations, and viewer discretion is advised.

Enjoy Unreal Tournament--Flash style.

The future is TV Walls. That video is amazing. Hat tip to Rey.

The cast of the Office offer some helpful advice on April 1st. I wonder if they read my column on P.S.A.s the other day.

Can you help this little squirrel leap thirty ice floats to get home?

Beware a box with question marks?

Great, now I can finally determine whether or not I'm a superhero. Hat tip to Sarcasmo.

Finally, here are 87 bad predictions about the future.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Awww yeah, I loved that Wayne Brady sketch. It's almost as good as the black white supremacist. Dave and I were saying the catch phrase for a long time after we saw it. I guess it sprung from the "I'm Rick James" ... bit. Too bad all his stuff can't be that good.

4/03/2006 5:11 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

So MCF goes to a concert - a rare occurance to be sure - and he gets injured by a flying drumstick...

Say it with me, people: "What are the odds?!?!?"

4/03/2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

You just discovered that Wayne Brady bit?! That is my fave clip of the Chapelle show, period.:)

4/03/2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home