3.04.2006

MYCLOFIGS: The Final Results

First I asked for nominations, and my loyal readers came through. Then I asked you to vote, and once more you didn't disappoint! Below you will find the best movies of 2005 as chosen by the real critics, you the viewers! Movies marked with a red asterisk(*) are the ones I also chose. i was very happy with the results, and there were even a few surprises along the way.


Best Picture
Batman Begins*


Best Actor
Christian Bale in Batman Begins*


Best Actress
Naomi Watts in King Kong*


Best Supporting Actor
Tom Wilkinson in The Exorcism of Emily Rose


Best Supporting Actress
Jennifer Carpenter in The Exorcism of Emily Rose


Best Director
Christopher Nolan for Batman Begins*

Best Comic Book Movie
Batman Begins*


Best sf/fantasy Movie
Serenity


Best Sequel
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire*


Best Animated Feature
Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit


Best Independent Film
Sin City*


Best Foreign Film
March of the Penguins


Best Soundtrack
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe*


Best Effects
King Kong*


Best Original Screenplay
Serenity*


Best Adapted Screenplay
Batman Begins*


Best Trailer
Batman Begins


* * * * *


I'm happy to see that Batman Begins won in so many categories. It's also nice to see my tastes gel with those of my readers. In some areas, the only reason I didn't vote for the winning picture was because I hadn't seen it yet. I definitely intend to see Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and March of the Penguins as soon as I'm able.

Thanks for you participation, and perhaps we can do this again next year!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Hey, I'm happy to see Tom Wilkinson and Jennifer Carpenter get the supporting awards! I thought the movie was only good, not great, but their performances really blew me away. This was fun, thanks for coming up with and carrying out the idea MCF.

3/05/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Who needs the Oscars? These are movies I actually want to watch. This was a great idea, MCF. Next year, maybe you can have some sort of red carpet event, and we, the attendees, can all post pics of ourselves dressed up for the big Myclofig night. I love it.

3/05/2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Not only did those two get the supporting awards, they got them by a landslide. Most categories were close. In each supporting category only 1 or 2 votes went to someone other than the winners.

I like that red carpet idea...if there's enough interest next year(translation: pester me), I might even be willing to post a photo myself. How's that for incentive?

3/05/2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I missed the vote and it's obvious by the choices.:)

I can definitely see a trend in your readership though...

3/05/2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My daughter is absolutely addicted to the movie, Serenity. She watches it at least twice a week... no kidding. She is expecting the TV series via NetFlix, and I'm sure she will watch those several times too.

I'm not at all looking forward to the Oscars. There just no excitement about them this time for me.
There's not a Gladiator or a Lord of the Rings in the mix, so it just seems like a dud this year.

My daughter has it set to tape, so I'm sure I will see parts of it.

3/05/2006 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home