2.05.2006

Phantasmic Links 2.5.06

The great thing about watching old shows on DVD is the opportunity to see stars before they were popular. Perhaps we've even seen these episodes before, but didn't know who these actors were at the time. Earlier this week I caught a very young Jeri Ryan in an episode of The Flash, and earlier today I was pleasantly surprised to find the lovely Denise Richards in an early role on an episode of Lois and Clark. In commentary for that particular episode, Dean Cain joked that while he was unable to convince producers to make her a regular, she went on to do okay for herself. Lest anyone think I spent a beautiful day indoors watching DVDs, rest assured that I also spent some time at the beach, with photos forthcoming later this week. I think that about sums up today. Apparently there was also some kind of football game or something on tonight, but who cares about that? I'm in touch with the pulse of the people and, knowing what the public really wants, I've gathered this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

In one of the funniest posts of 2006, Darrell explains the difference between being a cowboy and being gay--not that there's anything wrong with that.

In a related story, what really went on between Doc and Marty? And how do you quit a broke Mac?

In an unrelated story, how nuts are you about film?

On a more manly note, ”You can't kill a Toyota pickup truck”...can you?

Here's a nice little animation entitled “La Chute de l'ange”, which according to my four years of high school French means “cute best metaphorical short”. Sadly, I've been out of high school nearly fourteen(!) years however, so it could mean “the fall of the angel”, too.

The Lord of the Stars is a fun and funky little RPG with a familiar theme and four playable characters with different advantages. I only had the patience to beat it with the archer, but it's a nice little time waster.

Who Should Paint Me? Salvador Dali. I'm a complex, intense creature who displays many layers. There's no way a traditional portrait could ever capture me! What Artist Should Paint Your Portrait?
Hat tip to *Name Hidden*

I'm normally very careful about spoilers, but I can't wait to see what happens when 24's Kim Bauer(Elisha Cuthbert) gets her own spinoff!

Are exorbitant fees and the privatization of the internet looming in our future? This is an article anyone who surfs the web needs to read.

On a lighter note, if we lose the internet we can always dress our cats in cute and embarrassing clothes.

This goes without saying, but I want one of these. Look how I could solve my parallel parking dilemmas!

Enjoy this directory of miscellaneous animation cells! I remember most of these, from Mister Sinister's terrifying gun to ”The Girl Who Loved Powerglide”.

In order to suspend one's disbelief, one should never ask these questions while watching Spider-man 2. Yeah, how does a stage actress from the Bronx hook up with the astronaut son of a newspaper publisher who happens to be the boss of her neighbor who pined for her his whole life? Small New York indeed...

Be a part of history; join the fastest growing art meme on this site!

This video is best watched with the volume off, as I grossly miscalculated the effect of a slight breeze on a small microphone. You have to admit, it's not the sort of thing one sees this time of year, at least not in New York.

Finally, because it's timely, here are this year's Superbowl ads.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Apparently, Escher should paint me; I suspected as much when I chose black and white as the colours. The quote:"Open and raw, you would let your true self show for your portrait.
And even if your painting turned out a bit dark, it would be honest"

yeah, but I wouldn't keep it.

2/06/2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

My goodness, that Brokeback to the Future had me in tears. To have the touching music then show Doc Brown in that goofy metal hat. It was great!

2/06/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger cube said...

I caught Jeri Ryan on an old Matlock episode.

BTW my daughters are going to be all over that cat tailor site.

2/06/2006 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home