9.13.2005

CloakFest 2K5

Now, for the first time anywhere, I've collected the Blog Parties of 2005:

Blog Party I: Top Five Villains
Afterparty of Champions

Blog Party II: Three Favorite Sitcom Supporting Characters
Afterparty of Canned Laughter

Blog Party III: Top Five Heroes
Afterparty of Vigilance

Blog Party IV: Femme Fatales & Formidable Females
Afterparty of Estrogen

Blog Party V: Five Favorite Places
Afterparty: Where were you?

Blog Party VI: Three Wishes
Afterparty VII: Up in Smoke


Oscar Blog Party


Impromptu Blog Party Say What?!


FawnDoo's OMG Party
FawnDoo's OMG Afterparty

FawnDoo's Old Coot Blog Party
FawnDoo's Old Coot Afterparty


Film Geeks' Favorite Movies
Film Geeks' Favorite Movie Wrapup

Film Geeks' Impromptu Blog Party


Lorna's 15 Words Blog Party
Lorna's Best Bleeping Blogger Awards

* * *


What madness would possess me to go through so many archives and collect these links? It's been a great year, and while I want the Nexus to be more than the “Blog Party Blog”, the Blog Party was undeniably a big element of my first year doing this, and one which introduced me to a lot of my neighbors, and introduced my neighbors to each other. So, with my one year anniversary precisely one month from today, I've decided to hold an inevitable BEST BLOG PARTY PARTY



The party will be held on Thursday, October 13th and will work a little differently than other parties.

1) Take a look at the list of links at the beginning of this post. Choose your FAVORITE party and your FAVORITE guest(s), and e-mail your votes to me at MCFSPU@hotmail.com no later than Sunday, October 9th. Do NOT leave votes in the comments section; I will tally the results and reveal who YOU chose as the best host and the best partygoer on October 13th.(Please let me know if I've inadvertently missed any parties and I'll edit this post accordingly)

2) On that day, I'll also reveal my own picks(since my votes wouldn't count for obvious reasons).

3) If you like, you may copy the BP7 logo to your servers and display it as link to the party, with some words of your own. Unlike previous parties, this is OPTIONAL. I'm grateful to have found such an awesome group of people to read my words, so this celebration is about CELEBRATING more than publicity.

* * *


But WAIT! There's more! Between now and Sunday, October 9th, the first 10 bloggers to send me a GUEST POST on the topic of their choosing, will have it appear here on the Nexus in the weeks following the anniversary party, with kind words of thanks and links back to their respective sites. Simply e-mail submissions to MCFSPU@hotmail.com.

* * *


Best Blog Party Party. Guest Posts. And the day before the party, be sure to catch the most REVEALING Photo Blog Wednesday yet! You’ve been warned...

CloakFest 2k5 is on!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Brilliant idea!

I think if there should also be a "YearTime Achievement Award" given to MCF for having the friendliest Blog in town!

9/14/2005 1:46 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

So much info, so little time.

What if you never participated in the past bc you've been a busy slacker? How do you vote?

9/14/2005 7:36 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Good point. Guess you can't vote. Sorry.




What?



Kidding. OF COURSE you can vote. I think there's only a handful of readers who've made every single party. I've linked to all of the parties, so they're there for anyone to read through and decide. You might even have a more impartial judgment than some of the voters, actually. I recused myself from voting because I hosted the most and came up with the concept.

The more the merrier; I'd be disappointed if you didn't show up.

9/14/2005 8:06 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I was halfway through a scathing, yet begging letter about letting the self-described slackers vote before I realized I'd been had---I hate that. Creative and friendly---good combination.

9/14/2005 9:37 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Up to you, 'Doo. I don't think two parties are enough to disqualify you. The voting is anonymous, too. So far, I've received votes from two readers, and a guest post from one.

9/15/2005 7:51 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I decided I need a personal blogger, the way some people have personal shoppers:)

9/15/2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I don't think it would be quite the same.
=(

9/15/2005 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home