9.11.2005

Phantasmic Links 9.11.05

He stood confident atop the great edifice, his cloak billowing in the persistent and dramatic gale. ”I have RETURNED!” he declared to the crowd below. Of those who acknowledged this announcement, some muttered “so what?” while others inquired, “you were gone?” Undeterred by such trivial concerns as reality, he pressed forward in presenting this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Feeling ravenous? There IS an alternative. Hat tip to Dave Barry. Although it was Curt who sent me the link, for some reason he selflessly requested that Barry get the credit.

Modern illustrators not your thing? The Web Gallery of Art offers a more classical fare.

As a team player, I would go the extra mile to achieve the kind of synergy necessary to implement an alternative methodology to change catalysts and empower a paradigm shift. If that sentence made sense to you, and you've heard worse where YOU work, then Business Buzzword Bingo is for you.

Now Marvel can produce their own movies. It's a risk, but one with a potentially high payoff. Imagine a film continuity in which Daredevil and Spider-man COULD inhabit the same city, their universes not separated by different movie studios and legal restrictions. Hat tip to Sean.

There should be one of these in every bar and restaurant.

Depending on your mood and personality, this generator displaying what people your age have accomplished could be either depressing or inspirational.

Don't shake-shake-shake, shake-shake-shake, shake that baby—maybe.

This image to sound application is AMAZING. I've been composing with photos all afternoon. Not to leave PC users out, there's also something called Coagula, though I have no way of testing it. If anyone tries it and would care to offer feedback, I'd be much obliged.

Freaky point-and-click thingys are both spooky and fun. This one is easy to “cheat” at, but why? Competitive as I am, I have to say the journey is of more value than the destination in this case. Admittedly, that's because there's no high score list and the later levels are still under construction.

I probably won't be leaving the Nexus to join Weezer any time soon. Still, it was fun to virtually jam with them.

The best part of this video is the surprise ending. It's worth the wait, and something everyone should start the week with.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

Consider yourself disavowed.

9/12/2005 10:21 AM  
Blogger Xtine said...

thanks to that damn age generator, I have learned that I am a looser who has accomplished very little. I shall hang my head in shame.

welcome back. I for one noticed you were gone and did in fact miss you.

9/12/2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger SPM said...

I couldn't wait for the end of that damn song... or is the fact that it seemingly never ended the joke?

If so kudos to you, sir, and I fart in your general direction. ;)

9/12/2005 11:38 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Dude, I'd say justice has just been served. We're now even for that Potter t-shirt link you posted that I was dumb enough to click before I read the book. =)

And man, kids today have no respect for dead rockers. Ouch.

9/12/2005 11:52 PM  
Blogger SPM said...

Big Props!

9/13/2005 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home