9.06.2005

Afterparty VI: Up In Smoke.

I am so dead. Seriously, my parents are going to KILL me when they get home. I'm not the neatest person in the world, but the house has never looked like this. There are empty beer bottles everywhere, and a half-eaten pizza spinning on my mom's antique phonograph. A little while ago I actually found Anthony Michael Hall screaming for air, locked inside a glass coffee table in the living room. After saving him from ending up in The Dead Zone I thought better of cleaning up the yard tonight. For all I know, Gedde Watanabe may still be lurking in the trees. I swear, these Blog Parties just get crazier and crazier. Worst of all, the genie left, so I don't even have a useful deus ex machina to get this place in shape. No genie. No Cat in a Hat to help. Would help from Kelly LeBrock be too much to ask? I hope you've all enjoyed the Nexus of Improbability because there's a good chance my fingers will soon be broken.

Wait.

I've forgotten something. I've forgotten my new super speed. It should take a matter of seconds to remove all evidence of the party! First and foremost, I should sort out what my guests brought:

Lorna:
1. An Awesome Amber Spyglass
2. The Ability to dance like she could at 30
3. A big party(in the New Orleans that was)


Selfless Kev:
1. Secular scientists to realize how foolish they sound when they preach evolution.
2. Those same scientists, and everyone else world-wide to know, accept, and have a close personal relationship with their Savior, Jesus Christ.
3. An end to all prosecution of Christians world-wide.


Selfish Kev:
1. Nine hundred ninety-nine million dollars tax free with no strings attached.
2. Wish number 2 is wish number 2 from the first list.
3. Wish number 2 from the first list.


Wendy:
1. Six million dollars.
2. A lifetime supply of Diet Coke with Lemon.
3. All new neighbors.


Darrell:
1. A new butt(his old one had a crack in it).
2. A diet coke.(but you have to read the lead-in to his choice)
3. A funny monologue like Steve Martin's holiday wishes
(wishes which Janet also references in the comments.)

Curt:
1. The wisdom of Solomon.
2. A golden egg-laying goose
3. Super speed
too


Jerry:
1. That every person would come to the knowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
2. The power to grant other people's wishes.
3. For other people to have the power to grant other people's wishes.



~~~~~~~~~~



Now, some of you may disagree with me, but though the genie wasn't real and this last party was all in fun, in a way your wishes WERE granted. As long as we have imagination, and the ability to reach into our mind and express our desires, they're as real as we imagine them to be. Could you envision an existence where you couldn't even IMAGINE a better life? Imagination breeds hope, and hope breeds possibility.

Thanks for coming, folks! I'm off to steal Curt's golden goose and hope that I can outrun him...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Neb said...

You can be anything you want kids, if you only believe!

Sorry I didn't join in, but I guess you can figure out why I didn't, so much to write myself. Oh, and you just nitpick my blog because I have a better layout :)

I love all the wishes. Great stuff. I can in no way come up with more creative or interesting ideas. Maybe that's my wish.

9/07/2005 1:10 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I was sure I removed my pizza from your mom's phongraph as soon as I'd picked off the black olives. Sorry.

9/07/2005 1:30 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

The Anthony Michael Hall reference killed. This is the stuff good posts are made of.:)

9/07/2005 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home