8.28.2005

Phantasmic Links 8.28.05

Sometimes, a weekend just seems too short. I don't understand why this one seemed insufficient to me. I didn't have any gigs, made it to the beach, finished an AMAZING book(which another blogger spoiled a few weeks ago), finished a few more levels of my Fantastic Four game, and saw four movies(The French Connection, The Jacket, Scooby-Doo and Young Frankenstein). Despite all this, I still don't want to face another Monday, not yet. It seems the only cure to the Sunday night blues is rounding up this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

One way to escape Monday is to turn our mind's back to Cube's Kat Blog Friday. I could watch that goofy thing for hours.

It was only a matter of time before someone cataloged Every Monkey Reference on the Simpsons. Funny, but I somehow always thought it would be me....

I found ConneXions, the pipe-puzzle game so fascinating, that I played until I secured a high score of 261,220, which isn't at all sad. Hat tip to Dosetaker for the link.

One of my favorite writers in my blogroll seeks advice on taking her site and skills to the next level, whatever that might be. If you have any suggestions and/or have ever written professionally, click on over and comment.

Combining Hello Kitty, Transformers, and some hilarious dancing into one animated masterpiece guarantees one immortality as a Phantasmic Link. I found this one on Milk and Cookies.

Primary colors, perpendicular lines, and a chomping old friend meet in Pac-Mondrian Link submitted via IM from The Happy Husband.

Despite all the movies I've seen, I still can't recognize more than half of these stick figure scenes. How well can YOU do?

One of these days I should enter one of these Photoshop film poster merging contests. I think “Dirty Harry Potter” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Angels” are my favorites. “Herbie Begins” and “Doodevil” brought a smirk to my face as well. I found this and the preceding stick figure link over at Sarcasmo's Corner.

Who is fighting Conan? BEAR is fighting Conan?! Oh my word! How can that be??

People often say to me, “Hey, aren't you Mark Ruffalo?” OK, no one EVER says that to me. But it makes for a funny lead-in to this link of celebrity lookalikes.

This game is infectious. If anyone gets past level 15, send me a screen shot as proof.

Stay calm. You haven't accidentally dropped acid. You're merely watching evidence of the Super Mario Brothers cartoon, complete with live Captain Lou segments. I must have been really “hooked on the brothers” at some point in my life since I totally remember that gorilla incident. The rap theme song somehow escaped my memory until now, as did the rapping EPISODE with a very special guest star. No one would believe me if I told them this stuff existed...

If I'm going to catch myself singing ”I'm a Hippopotamus and I got noodles on my back, noodles on my back, noodles on my back.” throughout the day, I'm taking all of you with me. All of you with me, all of you with me.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

SPOILERS BELOW!!

The stick figure movie thing won't show you the right answers unless you get at least 80% correct. AAAAGGHH! I was able to get ten of them, and Wendy got two more, so between the two of us, we got twelve... but that's not enough to see the answers. I hope that if we post our answers here, somebody else can fill in the rest and then we can see ALL the answers! Remember, there's no "eye" in team!

Spoilers coming up!

Here are the ones we got right:

01-(no idea) 02-The Usual Suspects 03-Top Secret 04-Dr Strangelove 05-Taxi Driver 06-Titanic 07-Planet of the Apes 08-Fargo 09-Braveheart 10-(no idea) 11-(no idea) 12-(no idea) 13-(no idea) 14-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure 15-Singing In The Rain 16-Brazil 17-(no idea) 18-Harvey 19-(no idea) 20-(no idea)

Anybody else got the rest? I hope so... not seeing the answers is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

8/29/2005 6:52 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

MORE SPOILERS





I think you'll kick yourself over some of these:

1) The Great Escape
10) Superman(I originally thought Stargate then kicked myself when I recognized the Phantom Zone criminals restrained at trial)
11) Run, Lola, Run
12) Logan's Run
13) (no idea either)
17) (not a clue)

19) Reservoir Dogs
20 (no idea)

8/29/2005 8:16 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

SPOILERS: We got another one, Number 13 is The Seven Samurai. We're kicking ourselves over Reservoir Dogs. Actually, Wendy did get that one, but I guessed that it was one of the matrix films and blew it for us. My bad.

That's 80% but it still won't show the answers for #17 and #20. DOH!

8/29/2005 8:53 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

By the way, there's a hole nuther.

8/29/2005 9:02 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

That one seemed easier up until #9. Ultimately, I got 13 which was better than I did the first time on the other quiz. I could swear 10 is Mortal Kombat but it wasn't, and I suspect I'm going to kick myself when I find out what it was....

8/29/2005 10:10 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I'll give you a hint on #9 that will make you go "DOH!" Here's the hint: Mashed Potatoes.

We have 17 of the ones on the second set. We're missing the one with the boxing ring, the one with the ducks or penguins, and mortal kombat looking one. We have actually had to call in back-up on this thing... our friend Brian is over here now working on this with us. We will beat it. Oh, yes. We will beat it in time.

8/31/2005 6:14 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I got the penguins. That was Mary Poppins, guvnah. D'oh indeed on the potatos; I put Benny and Joon the first time. :) No clue on Raiden and not the Karate Kid either. Let me know what your expert team comes up with. =)

8/31/2005 10:36 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

MORE BIG OL' SPOILERS:

Here's what the combined might of you, me, Wendy and our pal Brian have come up with for the other list:

01-Grease
02-Forest Gump
03-The Matrix
04-Psycho
05-The Shining
06-Donnie Darko
07-Mary Poppins (We'd never have gotten that one, thanks)
08-Jurassic Park
09-Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
10-Adventures Of Big Lightning Hat Boy (???!??!!!)
11-The Day The Earth Stood Still
12-Army of Darkness
13- (???)
14-This Is Spinal Tap
15-Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back
16-Dead Man
17-Little Shop Of Horrors
18-Twins
19-The Right Stuff
20-Ghostbusters

Regarding #13, I have this vague memory of having watched a comedy with a boxing scene wherein the bad guy in the movie was stretching himself on the ropes like that. I don't think the boxing was central to the movie. I think it was an "Airplane, Top Secret" kind of comedy.... but I've tried every one of those movies I can think of, and none of them are the right answer.

9/01/2005 9:15 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Rey got one for us, and based only on verbal description:

Big Trouble in Little China

Still working on the ring...we thought Kickboxer since Van Damme always does that kind of stretching, but that wasn't it either...

9/01/2005 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home