8.29.2005

Blog Party: Wish I Might...

I turned off the television and allowed the preceding two hours to wash over me. “Shawshank the Series”—I mean, ”Prison Break”—was pretty good. It was good enough to keep my interest, and hopefully not so good that FOX inevitably cancels it. I turned off the light in the living room and as I passed through the kitchen, craved a snack. On some level I realized a late night snack would undo the three miles I'd run earlier this evening, but surely one cookie or chip wouldn't hurt? Yet as I rummaged around, nothing could be found. Then I noticed something golden and shiny on the table. Had my mom picked up some kind of new tea kettle or odd-shaped cookie tin? She would hide snacks where I'd least expect to find them. I picked up the object and tried to pry the lid free, with little success. Suddenly, there was a loud thunderous crack and a flash of blinding light! I leapt back as blue smoke swirled from the nozzle, and a face with glowing red eyes spoke to me in a booming tone.

”You will throw another Blog Party very soon, for there is only time for ONE MORE before the inevitable comes to pass. You shall call it BLOG PARTY: MCF Version 6.0, and it will be held on Monday, September 5th. BEHOLD, your GUIDELINES:

1) The host establishes a date for the event and chooses a topic to blog about.

2) On that day, neighboring blogs may discuss the same topic from their point of view, linking to the host's post.

3) The host may design a logo to commemorate the event, which other participating sites may copy to their servers and display as a link to the host in their post as well.

4) Everyone comments on everyone else's posts, “mingling” with the guests. A good time is had by all.

5) Late the next day, the host posts links in an “afterparty” post, collecting everyone who commented and participated in one place.

Participants shall post links to their contributions in the comments section of the post that day, or send you an e-mail at MCFSPU@hotmail.com. YOUR post shall be up early Monday morning, in which you will tell me:


WHAT THREE WISHES CAN I GRANT YOU?



I stared in awe at this misty newcomer. He was to grant me three wishes? Surely the standard “no wishing for more wishes” clause would hold true, but would he grant the wishes of those who joined in the festivities as well? Surely this would be the greatest incentive yet to come to a party! But what was the “inevitable” he spoke of? I looked up from my ponderings to find he had gone, and though he may have been a figment of my hunger or my creativity, his directions seemed important enough to type up.

Spread the word; MCF's Blog Party 6 is one week from tonight, on Labor Day. Start thinking of those wishes; you never know when a genie will put you on the spot, and it's good to be prepared....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

I have 6 wishes already, and my wishcentre is on overtime---I'm going to let it fly until Sept 4th, take a deep breath and choose my three. I only hope I get it done before the inevitable happens.

8/30/2005 4:57 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I'm going to try my best to contribute to this one. Of course, no time ever seems to be good for me.:(

8/30/2005 11:14 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

I'll try to be here on time :-)

8/31/2005 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home