8.31.2005

PBW: Found.

Photo Blog Wednesday

Whether or not you acknowledge the existence of a supreme being, I think we can all agree that no one on this planet is omniscient. Working together we can find some answers, but not all. We can all be a little Lost. Ironically, in a place that looks like the backdrop for the television series of the same name, I found some tranquility. I took a book and drove to a local nature preserve, making my way down through the woods and trails until I reached the steps descending to a small beach. I found the perfect place to sit and read. A subsequent stroll revealed some interesting items along the shore, until I reached a “private property” sign forbidding me from going any further, into a portion of the beach designated for people with a lot more money than me. They ”put up a fence” to ”keep me out, or to keep Mother Nature in.” I turned and retraced my steps, where the climb back to the trails, and eventually the parking lot, awaited me.















Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Neb said...

I especially like the picture with the book left on top of the rock. Nice.

9/01/2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

lol...The bird photo was pure journalism. I was horrified when I realized where I was that day and yet realized I had a responsiblity to my readers to capture exactly what I saw. The fish and the horseshoe crab were more aesthetic choices, especially the crab, but also bearing the responsibilty to my audience.

In short, what I see, you folks see. =)

9/01/2005 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home