9.06.2010

Phantasmic Links 9.6.10

Perhaps selfishly, I'm kind of wishing for a labor-free Labor Day. I don't know if it will happen. I spent about four hours actually freezing at an otherwise fun Italian feast out in Eastern Long Island on Saturday night, got up early to go to church with my dad on Sunday, then went with my folks to my dad's lot to trim hedges, mow the lawn, pull down vines, and fill lots and lots of bags. I'm not complaining so much as venting, and I don't need a day off so much as a chance to catch my breath before an even busier week and weekend. Is it the middle of October yet? At any rate, let me at least take a mental break to peruse some PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Rendering art with a permanent marker such as a Sharpie® is impressive, but doing so on a curved surface like a styrofoam cup is really impressive.
Hat Tip: B13.

(2) Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver debate the question, “Which is scarier, Alien or Halloween?” Their answers might surprise you.

(3) Will Eric Kripke bring Neil Gaiman's Sandman to the small screen as an ongoing series? It sounds like a possible dream come true to me...

(4) This artist has collected 600 Hanna-Barbera characters into one massive infographic. It is huge and it is spectacular.

(5) These time-lapse videos will actually let you watch mold and fungus grow, if you're into that sort of thing. My favorite is the Chia Homer.

(6) Homeless and/or frugal? This site explores the top five “bum wines”.

(7) Heroes and their villains come together in minimalist merged graphics.

(8) Will the Fantastic Four, the ultimate status quo team, become Three(again)?

(9) After 10 minutes, you'll know everything you need to know about J. Jonah Jameson of the ’60s(or any subsequent decade, really).

(10) Clash of the Olympians! Choose your hero, level up, and defend the temple against increasingly agressive hordes.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home