9.01.2010

PBW: Light Show

A friend of mine has been doing some genuinely cool things with his digital SLR, not the least of which is playing with shutter speed and exposure to get streaking lights from traffic whizzing past. He’s also done this technique where you swing the camera in front of some light source to get streaks and waves. My camera isn’t nearly fancy enough to do stuff like that, but I did find that by leaving the camera stationary on a 15-second exposure and moving a keychain lamp around in the dark, I could achieve a similar effect, “painting” with light for this week’s Photo Blog Wednesday. I’m definitely going to experiment with this technique more in the future, maybe even try to “write” something in the air.







Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rey Reynoso said...

It's a great technique. You should try painting people and objects with it.

http://bit.ly/cmXB51

9/01/2010 10:08 AM  
Anonymous MCF said...

I didn't realize that's what you were doing; for some reason I thought those were Photoshop brushes. Now I have to go back and look at all of your pics again.

9/01/2010 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home