8.12.2010

The Essential MCF: 2K9-2K10: Part 1



What's this? Cloakfest 2K10 already? Last year, as I do every year, I chose highlights from my fifth season. But, while I generally do so on or close to my anniversary date of 10.13.2004, going through a year's worth of posts is a gargantuan task. So, for various reasons, I'm doing it differently and breaking it up into smaller chunks this year. It will make things easier for me, and make each post a little more reader friendly. Let's turn the clock back a few months, and start with October and November of 2009:


OCTOBER, 2009

Sex is On Fire
My father has some concerns after his doctor has him wear a portable heart monitor around the house.

Stroke of Genius
We learn the cause of our cat Cubby's blindness, and getting out with my friends to see an hilarious satire takes my mind off of things for a bit.

GTFU Songs
I defy anyone to stay perfectly still when these songs come on; they always get me moving.

Milk and Toast
Am I a professional or a pushover? I examine the fine line between the two.

Who Doesn't Like T?
I pity the fool who wasn't a fan of this ‘80s icon.

Go with the Flow
Water remarkably calms me, despite the times in my life when it almost killed me.

The Eve before Hallow's
I put a new spin on a holiday classic for a different holiday.


NOVEMBER, 2009

Leaf Alone
Hardly anything goes according to plan on an Autumn vacation day, though I do finally get the push I needed to look into paying my credit card bill online.

Just Beginning
A lifetime of bad luck leads me to always expect the worse, so I'm pleasantly surprised by a pleasant birthday and realize that I may yet have better days in my future.

If You're Reading This...
Birthday happy hours are always fun, and I'm glad I always remember everything, from the jokes to the humorous encounters with new people, even when we sometimes lose a few people along the way....

Fighting Back Feels Good
I always have the worst luck at one particular fast food establishment, and when they forget to give me a sandwich I ordered for my father, I'm done accepting crummy service as bad luck and go back for what's mine. Bigger wars are won starting with smaller victories.

Without a Spark
It was a nice, quiet afternoon at the office when I noticed the ceiling catch fire. And, in true improbable fashion, I was the only one who noticed....

Thank You, Umbrella.
I finally retire a favorite cheap umbrella which lasted for years beyond the one day I bought it in an emergency.

Math Boy
Always good with numbers, I find I can relate to one character on a slowly improving new science fiction show.

MetallicAgain
For the second time in one year, and second time in my life, I see my favorite heavy metal band perform, and it is AWESOME.

27 Years
My godfather spends the rest of his brother's life not talking to him. It seems to me life is too short to allow such things to happen, and I'm glad my dad's strained relationship with his eldest sister never got that bad.

The Birthankschriangle
I continue running and improving my shape, even as I find myself trapped in the time of year when it is impossible for anyone to escape snacks and treats. Thankfully it only lasts a few months before I'm able to get back on track.

Turtles Forever
I'm blown away by a crisis of infinite turtles as my original childhood and my inner childhood collide in a creative execution of writing and animation.

Young Blood
Donating my universally donatable blood has become an annual tradition. I should probably do it more often, and the blood bank certainly wants me to, but I'm fine with doing it once a year for now, and I've come a long way from my first unfortunate experience in high school.

Thank Full
With my uncle suffering from dementia and living in a nursing home, a holiday tradition evolves accordingly, and my family makes adjustments.

In the Core Sitcom Universe
An analysis of television tropes might contain decades-old spoilers, and can only end with one possible conclusion...

* * *


And that's what I wrote about in October and November of my sixth year of doing this.

The Essential MCF 2K9-2K10 will continue next week....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Spockgirl said...

Wow, that was a lot of reading to do all at once. Good thing I don't watch tv anymore. (ps: couple of the links were mixed up -I thought it was just me reading poorly... but..)

8/12/2010 1:48 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Hard to believe I used to compile 12 months at once. Thank you for catching those links; they're fixed now. And thank you for reading.

8/12/2010 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home