4.05.2010

Phantasmic Links 4.5.10

It was a nice Easter weekend with beautiful weather, almost too warm for me at times. I checked the brakes on my car, which I'll need to replace soon, but which my dad thinks will be good enough to pass inspection this week. I visited one of my aunts in her nursing home for the first time, and my Uncle Jerry at his facility as well. It made me appreciate youth and the freedom to go outside, and less inclined to stay in my room and sleep(though I got some of that in this weekend as well). Like everything else in life, this weekend was over far, far too fast. Time doesn't slow down for any of us, so I won't waste any more in getting to this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) KFC's new “sandwich” will feature bacon and eggs between two pieces of fried chicken “bread”. You know I'm going to risk my life and try that at least once...
Hat Tip: J-No.

(2) LOST credits: Saul Bass style. If the show came out in the ‘60s, you know that's what the title sequence would have looked like. And if it were an animated series, it might look a little something like THIS.

(3) I wish League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 1988 was a real book and not the best April Fool's gag I saw online this year. I would totally pay good money to read about that team's adventures. In an ideal world, they'd get a film series.....

(4) Help the Nano-Ninja climb a tower and avenge his master, using only one button, then try to beat your shadow! I went from 192 clicks in 4:15 minutes to 97 clicks in 3:09....

(5) Yes! That psychopathic reviewer from RedLetterMedia is back with another review, this time setting his sights on Star Wars® Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Link takes you to the first of 9 parts, with the others in the sidebar.

(6) A sign in Italy warns of...Prostitute Crossing?

(7) When Vader meets Jay-Z, hip hop Ewok dancing inevitably ensues....

(8) Action Comics #1 sells for 1.5 MILLION dollars. I own something like 4,000 comics, but not one is worth that much. Yet.....

(9) Though the timing of the article is suspicious, the rumor that Joss Whedon might be assembling the Avengers is one I'm very excited about....

(10) Suit-Able is an awesome little puzzle platformer in which you don a special high tech suit of armor in order to escape an underground compound. Collect new abilities and defeat challenging foes as you make your way to the surface and learn the truth about your abduction....


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home