3.30.2010

Phantasmic Links 3.30.10

This week's PHANTASMIC LINKS are a day late, but after a personal record 2,000 consecutive daily posts, I think I had a good reason to bump them. The nice round number of 2,000 kept me blogging well past the point where I was running out of both ideas and readers, and now that I'm here I'm not sure where to go next. If yesterday wasn't some elaborate ruse, I don't have many other surprises or revelations left to keep people interested. Nothing is definite, but chances are I'll end on an even 6 “seasons” this October. I may change my mind before then and decide 2,500 or 3,000 sound like nice goals. Personal matters like the outcome of my father's heart surgery in less than two weeks, now scheduled for April 9th, may also affect my presence online. I've been working toward a goal, and I'm now in that murky unknown territory beyond reaching that goal. Do I quit while I'm ahead? Do I keep doing the same thing? Do I find some way to make it all fresh and new again? Do I shift my priorities back to “real life”? I honestly don't have the answers to any of these questions at this time, but I thank you all for staying with me this far, and those of you who will stay on until the end, whenever that might be.

For now, I'll stick with what I know:

(1) This Tron Legacy viral campaign quiz tests your knowledge of video games through the years with some clever visual puns. How many can you name?
Hat Tip: Krispy.

(2) Being the President of the United States allows one the privelege of seeing many, many awesome things. My geek envy is high right now.

(3) Chris Sims reviews Lady Death, one of the worst animated comic book adaptations ever.
(I take some pride in the fact that, as a result of my own 2004 review of the movie, the phrase ”demon lesbian consorts” still results in my site coming up first in a Google Search. I've accomplished great things here, lo these past 5.5 years....)

(4) For anyone who ever yelled “DON'T GO IN THE BASEMENT!” while in a movie theater, this new interactive horror movie genre might be just for you.

(5) An artist faces the toughest client of all: his little girl.
H.T.: Curt.

(6) That which has been seen...cannot be unseen. From remarkable parallels to shocking things hidden in cartoons, you will never look at these things the same way again....

(7) Apparently, you should not wash clothes with gasoline. Who knew?

(8) Here are Five Superhero Movies that Should (but never will) Be Made. I sense a list of my own in the near future....

(9) Holy contrivances! Check out some of Batman's Goofiest Gadgets!

(10) Finally, un-jangle your nerves with NerveJangla and see how quickly you can solve 30 nerve-jangling puzzles....


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home