5.23.2009

Poll of Randomosity Nine

You know the drill by now. My Poll of Randomosity consists of ten very random, often insignificant inquiries that can be answered in a few short words. I'll get back to longer essay questions someday....

1) If you've seen Terminator Salvation, what was your favorite homage/reference to the previous films?

2) If you had to lose one of your senses, which would you prefer?

3) What's that noise?

4) Is it possible to be too polite?

5) Do you ever cancel out your own actions?

6) Do you have any sixes?

7) If a man had a hat, and the hat was tan, what is the square root of 144?

8) What is your least favorite color?

9) Does being confident make you cool?

10) What's the worst thing about the new Fall television schedule?


For me, the answers are:

1) My least favorite were the painfully obvious catchphrases shoehorned in at odd times, from “I'll be back” to “Come with me if you want to live.” I liked some of the more suble nods, such as one character learning a trick with a gun and a strap. Without spoiling some of the major ones, I'll say the brief inclusion of You Could Be Mine.

2) Smell. I know it would also affect my sense of taste, and I wouldn't be able to detect a gas leak, but I wouldn't miss it as much as seeing or hearing or feeling, all of which are crucial to fully appreciate this life.

3) Aw mom, you're just jealous; it's the Beastie Boys!

4) I don't think people are polite enough, and my naive wish is that my example will inspire others. At the movies on Friday night, B13 thought I was too nice in agreeing to move down one seat so some young ladies could sit next to their friends. In doing so, I lost an empty space in front of my chair where I could stretch out my legs and spent the next two plus hours cramped and numb. I'd probably do it again.

5) I take long walks at lunch to get in shape, but on my way back to the office I often stop at Carvel or Starbucks. Since the weather has been nicer and I've been walking more, I've actually gained weight. I need to start walking past those temptations lest I start to look (more) like Juno.

6) No. Go fish.

7) Twelvehattan.

8) Chartreuse. I hate the name and the shade and the fact that a woman at my first job consistently made me pair it with magenta. Ugh.

9) I honestly wouldn't know. Cool people certainly seem confident, but is it their confidence that makes them cool or are they cool because they're confident? It's really a chicken and egg scenario. Any cool people want to weigh in?

10) It's definitely a toss-up between Fringe being pitted against Supernatural, Smallville moving to Fridays, and Chuck turning into a Subway commercial that will only air when Heroes isn't taking up the same timeslot. But mostly, I don't like the absence of some of my other favorites, like The Sarah Connor Chronicles or Reaper.

I'd love to know what you think...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

1. The ahhh-nold reference.
2. none of the above... tough question.
3. Scott Ian F'n with Billy Milano.
4. yes, and she was a beast with a punk boyfriend and a hideous laugh. I get there early for a reason. And you should have stuck by MY guns ;)
5. yes
6. <--- um... yeah
7. debatan12
8. mauve
9. no, air conditioning makes you cool
10. The democrats are still in office. You would have far less worries with a DVR (time to upgrade)

5/23/2009 1:03 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

All females and the elderly are exceptions to the "we got here first" rule.

I'm just glad that laugh stopped/got drowned out once the movie started. :)

5/24/2009 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home