5.14.2009

Ask a stupid question....

...get some stupid answers:

1. First thing you wash in the shower?
My hair, logically.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
I was partial to dark blue in my hoodie days, which were decades ago.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
I've never met the guy, but I suspect her husband might have a problem with me kissing her...

4. Do you plan outfits?
If I'm going out to a party or some other event, then yes. Otherwise, my shirts each morning are determined by the order I hung them on my doorknobs after doing laundry.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
LOST.

6. What's the closest thing to you that's red?
A Netflix sleeve.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
It was a few days ago and it's a little fuzzy...I think I was trying to get some girl to go into a darkened amusement park with me...which now sounds creepier than I think the dream actually was...

8. Did you meet anybody new today?
I would have, but all the people I already know must have warned all the new people.

9. What are you craving right now?
Ice cream.

10. Do you floss?
Irregularly. After a dental visit I usually want to keep everything nice and smooth, and floss religiously. Within the first few weeks I miss a day here and there, getting out of the habit due to time constraints or simple forgetfulness. When I realize six months are almost up and my next visit is approaching, I usually start up again, to “cram” so I'm not embarrassed if the hygienist has to scrape too much. I really need to get into a solid routine and maintain it year round.

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
Corned beef.

12. Are you emotional?
Yes, and I have very little control over my emotions. I snap at my parents over little things, and I let stuff bother me that really shouldn't. For the most part, outside of my immediate family, I have no problem hiding my feelings; I just can't help feeling them. I've been getting better at it though, and my gut responses to things don't last as long as they used to.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
I've tried, and if I haven't fallen asleep before 100, my brain has already changed the subject and started thinking about something else.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
If it's from a carton, I bite it. If it's soft serve in a cone as I think the question is leaning towards, there are usually sprinkles to be licked off first, and then it's a bite fest.

15. Do you like your hair?
I wish I had more on the very top of my head, and slightly less on my back.

16. Do you like yourself?
Sometimes.

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
I think it might be interesting to talk to the real person, away from prepared speeches, secrecy, and media spin. If nothing else, I'd like to correct his pronunciation of “nuclear”.

18. What are you listening to right now?
The fan from my computer and my cat purring.

19. Are your parents strict?
They were when I was growing up, so much so that I find myself being strict for them, limiting my activities if I feel I haven't done enough work around the house to “earn” the right to go out while they tell me for the umpteenth time that I'm an adult and should stop asking their permission.

20. Would you go sky diving?.
I can barely climb up the steps to our new secret room.

21. Do you like cottage cheese?
Yes.

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
I've been in the presence of and taken pictures of over a dozen, and shaken hands with maybe three.

23. Do you rent movies often?
This television season killed my Netflix habit and I barely make it through three movies a week. Now that a lot of finales are airing, maybe I can catch up and get back up to my usual 5 or 6 a week. Someday my queue will be a reasonable number that isn't so close to 500 all the time...

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
Does the tin foil gutter I built to redirect a leak a few years ago count? I really should take that down; we haven't had water come in since the roof was fixed and I got into the habit of regularly cleaning leaves from the gutters.

25. How many countries have you visited?
U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! If I repeat it enough, maybe it will seem like more than one....

26. Have you made a prank phone call?
I never had the vocal ability for it. I've received plenty, though. One nemesis used to call and say nothing, while recording my voice, then call back and play me saying “Hello? Hello!” over and over. After a while he got creative and started splicing and mixing various audio clips from various hang ups as well as my outgoing message. To this day, I'm suspicious any time there isn't a voice on the other end of the line....

27. Ever been on a train?
Monday night I was on four, going to and from the city for a friend's birthday gathering.

28. Brown or white eggs?
White, I suppose. I'm not sure I've ever tried brown.

29.Do you have a cell-phone?
I got mine 2 or 3 years ago, but better late than never.

30. Do you use chap stick?
No, I usually chew off any loose skin on my lips.

31. Do you own a gun?
With my luck, I promise you I would have already shot myself accidentally if I did.

32. Can you use chop sticks?
Not well.

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
Megan Fox, if my subconscious is kind, or Redd Foxx, if my subconscious has a cruel sense of humor...

34. Are you too forgiving?
What?! How dare you ask me that! Just for that, I'm not typing another

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

34 is perfect.

5/14/2009 2:04 AM  
Blogger RC said...

Great list - i think you should post a list of your current netflix que - i'd be totally interested in your next 500 movies :-)

5/14/2009 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home