4.14.2009

MCF's COMMON Bondz 6

Last week I brought you the sixth edition of MCF's COMMON, and hopefully I can remember the common bondz in each set of four...

20 items. 5 COMMON bonds. Here's what they were:

GROUP 1
(A) Archer.
(B) Bartowski.
(C) Beckett.
(D) Smith.
These are all surnames of characters portrayed by Scott Bakula. After the disappointment that was Enterprise, it was great to see him get back to awesomeness with a recurring role on Chuck.

GROUP 2
(A) Bronx.
(B) Hudson.
(C) Broadway.
(D) Lexington.
I would have accepted names associated with the city of Manhattan, but what I was specifically looking for was the names of Gargoyles characters. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I urge you to check out the first season and the first half of the second season, available on DVD. Despite a strong fanbase that apparently included dedicated conventions, low sales kept the remainder of the series from being released. These days, creator Greg Weisman still makes a strong contribution to animation with The Spectacular Spider-man.

GROUP 3
(A) Spock.
(B) Hobbit.
(C) Wookie.
(D) Troll.
These are among the many nick-names I suffered growing up. Teachers can be so cruel. I mean kids. Kids can be cruel....

GROUP 4
(A) 3.
(B) 5.
(C) 8.
(D) 13.
With only four integers provided, it might not have been immediately apparent that these were excerpted from the Fibonacci sequence, in which one number is the sum of the two preceding numbers, in this case 8 is the sum of 3 and 5 and 13 is the sum of 5 and 8. 21 would have been the next number in sequence, followed by 34...

GROUP 5
A) Swan.
(B) Pearl.
(C) Orchid.
(D) Arrow.
LOST fanatics should have immediately recognized these as DHARMA stations.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

I thought my common bonds were legitimate, even though they were somewhat uninformed

4/14/2009 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home