4.13.2009

Phantasmic Links 4.13.09

I watched so many biblical movie classics at my uncle's on Sunday that I'm still picking sand out of my eyebrows. From the chariot race of Ben-Hur to an unintentionally hilarious camel-jacking attempt in Barabbas, it was still a somewhat entertaining afternoon. I hope everyone had an equally pleasant holiday and/or weekend. Let's get to this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Designing a web site? Browsershots lets you see what it might look like in several browsers at once.
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(2) Will I have to buy Transformers on DVD...again?

(3) Did Japan once rename a city “Usa” so they could legal put “Made in USA” on their products?

(4) Mustang in just over a minute!
H.T.: B13.

(5) Turtleman, Turtleman, grabs snapping turtles because he can...
H.T.: Darrell.

(6) I am in sheer awe of this hand-shaped nebula.

(7) If not intentionally ironic, Sexy People may be the greatest misnomer of any blog ever...

(8) EFFING HAIL! might be what you find yourself screaming by the fourth level of this challenging weather physics game...

(9) Here's a thought: if you're going to download an illegal copy of a not yet released film, don't review it publicly for a major corporation and admit as much. Idiot.

(10) In Visible, not all is as it seems. Pay attention to reflections; what you can't see can hurt you...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Did he download the movie or did he watch it on one of those streaming sites?

4/13/2009 11:45 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Re-reading the article and what he wrote, it sounds like he streamed: "“I did find the whole top 10 [movies in theaters], plus TV shows, commercials, videos, everything, all streaming away. It took really less than seconds to start playing it all right onto my computer. I could have downloaded all of it but really, who has the time or the room?"

So my wording in the link copy is a little off, but still, the guy works for FOX and was reviewing a FOX movie that wasn't out yet, and pointing out that it wasn't out yet and isn't streaming grand? It is, and I look forward to the rise of Hulu and more legal means of viewing what you want, when you want. It is convenient. But the smart thing for this guy to do, if he couldn't wait to review it, is not mention how he saw it. That always leaves open the possibility that someone provided him with a legal screener DVD. Millions of people stream shows and movies; they don't write about it though.

4/13/2009 11:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, I wasn't correcting you; I was genuinely asking. Rob told me he watched the streaming one and he said that it had some f/x in it and not all of the super bling added to it. Thinking of that I thought "Man, I hope this guy didn't get fired for reviewing not even a final edit of the movie!"

4/14/2009 11:12 AM  
Anonymous MCF said...

Based on what Rob and Ravindra's cousin told me, the unfinished aspects included minor things like erasing the wires attached to characters flying or leaping, but for the most part it seemed fairly close to a finished product. And both said it didn't adversely affect their intentions to see it in the theater. I imagine the reviewer saw the same version.

4/14/2009 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home