1.05.2009

Phantasmic Links 1.5.09

For anyone keeping track, the true items from the other day's list are 2, 6, 12, 19, and 22. I'd like to think #2, which was a complete accident that I still feel horrible about to this day, was something I've written about before since everyone got that right...

In other news, we're praying the doctors can offer some solutions and relief for my father's ailments, and that he actually listens to their orders. His Sunday was about the same as his Saturday, with a fever in the morning, chills throughout the day, fatigue, and continuous pain near his shoulder wound. He has an appointment with the shoulder doctor on Monday and hopefully my mom can get him to see a cardiologist as well. Fingers are crossed...

I need to change several channels in my brain, so let's move on to 2009's very first PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Adobe Cards was a little slow loading on my home computer and crashed my work computer a few times, but if your machine's processor can handle it, the graphics showcase the beauty of digital creativity.
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(2) This 1-year-old girl's mother must be an NES....
Hat Tip: Wendy.

(3) Are these the Top 50 Movie Special Effects Shots? It's hard to argue with that list, and I definitely see some films I need to add to my queue...
H.T.: J-No.

(4) Is it safe? Is it safe? Yes, it's safe; it's very safe. It's LEGO safe.
H.T.: B13.

(5) A photographer captures an entire year in 40 seconds. I really should make a project like that one of my goals for 2009...
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(6) Nurses turning to prostitution for better pay? Surprisingly, that's not the plot to an adult film...I mean, I'm sure it is, but this particular story is true.

(7) Rare Bugatti found in British garage. I'm still saving up for a virtual one...

(8) Enjoy a huge gallery of the bestselling comics of 2006. Might as well check out 2007 and any other year that interests you; I imagine 2008 will be on there soon enough.
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(9) Milestone hero Static makes his official debut in the DC Universe.

(10) Here's a handy guide to modern Hobo code. I have to check these against some recent photos to see if I can't translate some of the markings I encountered...

(11) Snails get cold too.

(12) Beauty or Butterface? I thought some were a little subjective and didn't look that bad, while others....yikes...
H.T.: B13.

(13) This guy tests water park slides. This is his career. Does anyone in the world have a better gig?

(14) Meet the only scooter with a power source that would probably turn and bite me.
H.T.: J-No.

(15) Yon golfers doth golf medieval, verily!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home