12.29.2008

Phantasmic Links 12.29.08

About a decade ago, my then-girlfriend's young cousin soundly and repeatedly trounced me at Mario Kart 64. Competitive person that I am, I spent most of the night having rematches that I never won, until it was time for him to go to bed and me to leave, at which point I realized I'd been neglecting my girlfriend. At a holiday gathering at my cousin's house this weekend, between dinner and dessert he had his kids demonstrate their new Wii Sports game. My uncle suggested his grandkids let me try, at which point the 7-year-old boy schooled me in bowling with like 7 strikes in a row and a final score of 259. I bowled a 137, which only proved how well those remote controls translate real life motion. His older sister then destroyed me in a tennis match, and finally I won a game of golf against the boy, in which we were both overpar but he was three strokes worse. Next year, I think I should challenge the wee ones to a drinking contest instead.

The holidays just keep coming, but so do PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) There are only ten levels to Finding Santa, but I got frustrated on level 8. Patience, a fast internet connection, and perhaps muting the music are key to beating this one...

(2) There's always room for at least one more death-defying holiday special.

(3) There's BACON on my BLOG! Why?!
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(4) All I need is some beef-scented body spray, and my women problems will be over. Actually, the women it attracts might be more than I'm looking for, so I might be trading famine for flood...
H.T.: J-No.

(5) The world's 10 weirdest hotels look like places I've only seen in movies.

(6) Scientists plan to ignite a tiny star on Earth. Oh, yeah, that could end well....

(7) The biggest “WTF?!” trailer of all time: Ace Ventura Jr., Pet Detective. It's real, and it's only on DVD. I wonder how Jim Carrey took the news...

(8) Penn gets prosthelytizing. Out of the mouths of atheists...

(9) A family finds $10,000 in a box of crackers. With my luck, I'd probably find a bill for $10,000...

(10) This poor, poor creatively groomed pooch....

(11) Here's some art that shows beauty and creativity in damage.

(12) Here are bug macros that would make B13 envious. I’m happy when I get that much detail from a tree photo....

(13) This guy has argued with his girlfriend about a few things. Yikes. I'm with him on the Kit-Kat issue.

(14) Make the Monkey GO Happy!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

That decaying art is very cool. The macros are very, very cool. The fusion thing... HAS ANYONE SEEN SPIDER MAN 2?

12/29/2008 12:46 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

I immediately thought of S-M2 myself when I read that...

12/29/2008 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The argument thing... priceless. The mini-sun...terrifying.

12/29/2008 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home