12.26.2008

Christmas Memories 2008

- Chimpanzee riding on a Segway!

- Discovering that the DVDs I'd ordered for my parents had arrived at 5:30 PM on Christmas Eve, and I somehow missed the parcel hanging dead center from the door in the front of our house and left it out there overnight.

- My father purchasing new hooks for the Christmas ornaments because he couldn't remember where he packed the hooks away from last year. They're “somewhere” in our basement.

- Unwrapping a box of Rogaine. Trying to tell me something, Ma?

- Discovering that I'd ordered the 1993 version of Heidi when my mom actually wanted the 1937 version because she “relates to Shirley Temple.”

- Asking my dad what he was doing sitting in front of the television watching the Yule Log: “I don't know; your mother put this on!”

- Getting my dad Sands of Iwo Jima, which was a movie he actually wanted, as opposed to last year when I bought him Letters from Iwo Jima by mistake. I make a lot of mistakes where movies from my folks' generation are concerned.

- Hearing my mom yelling at her brother on the phone to turn his phone right side up so she could hear him.

- Finally having time to watch Kabluey, a quirky indy sleeper that was among the 22 DVDs B13 has loaned me over the course of the year. It was the strange tale of a loser who moves in with his sister-in-law to help take care of his nephews while his brother is fighting in Iraq, and ends up with a part-time job as a bizarre pharmaceutical mascot. I'd like to see writer/director/lead actor Scott Prendergast make more movies.

- Taking a nap and dreaming I was at work. So not right.

- Don’t forget Chimpanzee riding on a Segway!

- So much pasta and chicken! So much hot apple pie and fudge ripple ice cream! So much for the gym!

- The way our little tree sparkles:


- Our cat finding a warm spot on the stove nestled between the dishes of pasta and chicken.

- The thin layer of snow that still coated everything even after rain and warmer temperatures, enough to be beautiful without being a messy obstacle. I'm actually glad I was wrong about my White Christmas prediction, although it's more likely that I shifted probability by making that prediction in the first place. I need to learn how to control that ability of mine. Let's see...I predict that I'll buy a house and get a girlfriend in 2009!

- Chimpanzee riding on a Segway!!! I can't stop watching that thing. Or...sort of...dancing...to it.
::hangs head in shame::


Hope everyone had a great holiday and is enjoying this long weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

- Chimpanzee riding on a Segway!!! I can't stop watching that thing.

The day I posted it I watched it, like, five times back to back.

Hope you had a great holiday. Sounds like you did. Good.

12/26/2008 4:17 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I don't usually like songs that bright and upbeat, but there's just something irresistible about it that makes me feel so positive while watching it. It reminds me of cheesy old toy commercials like My Buddy/Kid Sister...and don't that lady look surprised?

Totally going to watch it again now.

12/26/2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I hope your predictions for 2009 come true, and that you blog every minute of it.

12/26/2008 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home