11.12.2008

PBW: Northernmost Greenbelt

Someday, I want to hike from the North shore of Long Island to the South shore and back, or vice versa. I'm going to have to start really early in the morning and bring lots of water, but it can be done via the Greenbelt Trail, specifically the Nassau-Suffolk Trail. I've found myself on various sections of these trails, nestled between the major East-West roads, but I've never had time to cover more than a few miles in a single day. On Monday, I took advantage of a day off from work and discovered the Northernmost section of the Nassau-Suffolk branch, which begins at the Cold Spring Harbor State Park. I navigated hilly, deep wooded terrain with amazing views of the water below, and even made my way into a section of Trail View State Park, before I stopped heading South and doubled back to where I'd left my car an hour earlier. If I ever hike this thing in one day, I definitely need to get moving earlier than noon, but from the latest section I roamed, I'm happy with the assortment of images I got for the latest Photo Blog Wednesday:































As usual, I’ve provided 1024 x 768 images for your desktop, revealed after clicking below:


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home