11.10.2008

Phantasmic Links 11.10.08

Ladies and gentlemen, I am officially a leaf blower convert. I always thought those things were stupid, always got annoyed when I'd be driving down the road and landscapers blew a cloud of leaves into my path. I was skeptical on Sunday morning when, after cleaning out the gutters on our house, my dad suggested I use a leaf blower instead of a rake to clean the yard. But I soon discovered that a controlled and aimed jet of air, properly harnessed, can actually gather all the rogue leaves into one pile far faster than a rake. I accomplished in two hours what might have taken an entire day, and tried not to look out the window after I was done since the trees aren't done shedding. Such is the futility of Autumn. Sigh. Let's rake up the internet for some PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Puppy cam! That's ridiculously cute. If they were kittens I might never close the window.
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(2) Speaking of cute animals, Seppukuties combines cute little animals with ritualistic killing. Sacrifices must be made to survive, although it is possible to clear all the levels with 25 of your original 30 ‘kuties. So far, my best rescue is 21...

(3) A one-man a capella group salutes John Williams and Star Wars®.

(4) Take a surreal journey into the darker depths of Mario's psyche.
H.T.: B13.

(5) Jamie Kennedy is Rollin' with Saget, as should we all. (Warning: Explicit Language; headphones recommended in public environments)
H.T.: Darrell.

(6) Scientists turn tequila into diamonds. I suspect drinking might get a lot more expensive now. ‘50s band The Champs could not be reached for comment.

(7) Look closely at the figurine work of Barnaby Barford, as the familiar and nostalgic leans toward the darker aspects of human nature.

(8) All I can say about this freak bike accident is I'm glad no one was playing fetch with their dog when it happened. Click with caution, as it isn't pretty....

(9) Pixar is going to take us UP.
H.T.: Kev Bayer.

(10) Holograms debut on CNN. Over three million years in the future, Arnold Rimmer was not available for comment.
H.T.: B13.

(11) Can you catch all these Snakes on a Babe? Can you believe Anaconda 3 exists?

(12) Oiligarchy is a fun and educational game that sheds some light on both politics and fuel consumption.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home