10.21.2008

Thanks, Kev Bayer!

After a day that included eight hours at the office, two hours at the gym, four hours of new episodes of some of my favorite dramas, and more, I wasn't sure what to write. At lunch my brain cobbled together the rough framework of a new game that might still manifest later in the week, once I work out possible similarities to games I've come up with in the past. Then I saw a series of questions over at Kev Bayer's, and recognized an opportunity to write something substantial without taxing a tired brain. Thanks, Kev Bayer!

01. What's the last TV show you saw?
Heroes, and OMG. I gasped. I laughed. I made snarky comments. And everything I hoped would happen did, except for the things that surprised me, which were equally awesome. Welcome back, SHOW.

02. What are you wearing at the moment?
Blue flannel button up shirt, not buttoned, and dark gray sweatpants.

03. Who is/was your favorite cartoon character?
Tough one...Bumblebee, Lion-O, Goliath, Rattrap, Homer Simpson and pretty much every animated incarnation of Spider-Man spring to mind. I'll be here all night if I list more, but I think I got a good variety of the major ones here.

04. What is your favorite scent?
Any bakery smell, especially vanilla.

05. What is your favorite drink?
Alcoholic: Corona with lime. Nonalcoholic: sports drinks like Powerade. Back before I cut out caffeine, Dr Pepper was my soda of choice.

06. What do you drink the most?
Powerade and water. I go through seven bottles a week, usually refilling them with water when I'm done(or almost done, so I get a little flavor in my water).

07. What is your favorite food?
I like pizza, especially with pepperoni, BBQ chicken, ziti, or ravioli toppings. I also have a weakness for snack foods, and I have to make a conscious effort to remind myself that I don't need a bag of chips with my big deli sandwich. I love ice cream, and I love chocolate chip cookies, especially those Italian bakery cookies with the chips on top of the cookie.

08. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Aladdin for modern, Dumbo for classic, and Toy Story 2 for computer generated.

09. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A comic book artist. I knew all their names the way some kids knew athletes, and I wanted to be famous, to inspire kids to emulate my work the way I emulated my favorites.

10. What mythological figure are you?
Sisyphus. Or is it Kissyfur? No, no I think it's the first one.

11. What animal do you identify with?
Monkeys.

12. What mythological/fictional creature would you most like to be?
Lockjaw, a giant teleporting dog that lives on the moon. I can't make this stuff up; I'd be famous if I could.

13. What is your current desktop?
At home, a nice neutral gray. At work, a nice solid black.

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Kev Bayer didn't tag me, but he seems like a good guy. Husband, father, and geek; my kind of people.

15. What are you afraid of?
Change, especially big ones like the death of family, friends, or pets.

16. What's your favorite item of clothing?
A sleeveless gray shirt with a monkey in a baseball uniform swinging a bat with the word “BEAST” over it. For the friends wondering why they've never seen me in this shirt, I outgrew it over 20 years ago and to keep my mom from getting rid of it, I put it on my favorite teddy bear where it remains today. My favorite current t-shirt interestingly enough shows an ape evolving in to Homer Simpson. That usually shows up in my gym rotation since I don't get to wear t-shirts in an office. I miss college, where I could wear a flannel shirt as a jacket over my t-shirt. Those were some comfortable years.

17. What are you into right now?
Internet, television, Netflix, and my amateur photo expeditions. I'd get more specific, but it would be too shocking and surprising...

18. What did you do today?
Woke up ridiculously early because my dad was taking my mom to the hospital for a minor surgical procedure, spent a relatively calm day at the office after three crazy weeks, knowing it's a calm before the storm, walked to my favorite deli by the beach at lunch, worked out with the treadmill on a higher incline, ate dinner and watched a ridiculous amount of shows, and answered these questions. When I'm done I'll be watching the latest How I Met Your Mother.

19. What do you want?
After watching tonight's Heroes, I think I want the power to control people with a wave of my hand and a few spoken commands. That would honestly solve anything else I might list here.

20. What should you be doing right now?
Sleeping.

21. What's the meaning behind your username/name/nicknames you go by?
I'm a Figure, and I'm Mysteriously Cloaked. The name and acronym first arose a few years ago in the midst of an improvised message board RPG. As for nicknames, most of the ones I've been given haven't been too flattering, usually describing cartoons or fictional creatures I resemble. There was one cool one I was reminded of recently, which makes a clever play off of my last name, but I certainly can't share that here...

2 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

You're welcome! ;-)

I noticed that I actually forgot to put real answers for a couple on mine... I need to go back and edit in the answers.

10/22/2008 2:59 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

You constantly surprise me.

10/22/2008 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home