10.18.2008

Cloakfest: Heroic Epilogue



I’m not quite done with CLOAKFEST! As astute readers may recall, I asked for suggestions for humorous or unique superpowers, with the promise that I would then draw you wielding the powers you suggested. These were the responses I received:

B13: “How about the power of common sense? With a fish-eye glance you can get anyone around you to immediately have more sense than a doorknob.”

Wendy: “And the superpower that I'd like to have is the ability to instantaneously compute calculations in my head. Try drawing that one ;)”

Darrell: “A while back we were discussing our ‘dream super powers' with the kids ... and my stepson Liam said that his dream super power would be the ability to ‘fly and shoot lasers out of my butt.'

I can't top that.”


It’s been a while since I actually tried to draw, and longer still since I was doing it regularly. I may have pulled a muscle with this attempt. It’s always frustrating when I can see in my mind what I want something to look like, but no matter what my hands and my pencil will not cooperate. I managed to make it through the sketching phase without stabbing the pencil into my leg, but didn’t have the patience to attempt inking. So I scanned in my sketches and colored in those, which is another reason why these may be a little rough. In any case, here’s the world premiere of Loud-D, Equatia, and Fisheye Guy!:

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

LMMFAO!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

10/18/2008 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic!

10/18/2008 1:31 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Oh, man, how awesome is that? We have a new PC wallpaper now.

10/19/2008 2:04 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Damn, I missed Cloakfest while I was trying to suck up all the yellow powder that used to live in my fire extinguisher.

10/19/2008 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOMEIODNSLKNDLJBFLJB!!!!!!!

10/20/2008 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I had chosen to have my superpower be "shoots rainbows out of my butt"

Anyway, my husband put this on out computer wallpaper the night you posted it and I woke up to my daughter asking "Why is Darrell on the computer with a rainbow coming out of his butt?" I was befuzzled and went back to sleep. I understood what she meant when I finally woke up.

Anyhow...Great job!

10/20/2008 6:20 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

The fact that your daughter recognized Darrell in that illustration is the highest complement I could hope for. My thanks. =)

10/20/2008 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home