9.01.2008

Phantasmic Links 9.1.08

How can it be September 1st already? I remember when I was a kid and Summer vacation seemed to last forever. Man, we were killing time; we were young and restless. I guess nothing can last forever. Summers went faster and faster each year, and one year I was suddenly out of school and working and the Summer months were no different than any other month, save that they were hotter. I guess if I ever become a parent this will be the time of year when kids go back to school and my vacation really begins. In any case, a Monday is a Monday, so here are our PHANTASMIC LINKS for the week:

(1) Click Myclofigia and get our city to #1!

(2) My favorite video this week: Zombie Zombie recreates John Carpenter's The Thing using stop motion G.I.Joes. You just can't ask for a better description than that.

(3) FATALITY. Joker WINS. That game's going to be sweet.
Hat Tip: Sean.

(4) Out of context, Star Wars® has some pretty sexually explicit dialogue.

(5) I'm terrible at buying presents. I remember one year in college when I gave my friends bad caricatures for their respective birthdays. After that, we sort agreed not to exchange gifts anymore. Still, there will always be a parent, spouse, child, or loved one to shop for, so Giftoscope will make my life easier. I wish I had this thing back when I was giving my ex-girlfriend cookies or drawings instead of jewelry; I might have avoided the “ex” part.
H.T.: B13.

(6) The “U” in “USB” stands for “Universal”, with good reason.
H.T.: Darrell.

(7) Hey kids! Don't let being stuck inside on a rainy day be a disaster; make a Disaster Diorama!

(8) Women outnumber men in Australia by roughly 100,000. I'd consider moving, but I think I'd need even better odds...

(9) I love surreal art.

(10) In China, students go to school in a cave.

(11) Got some spare cash? I found some great castles for sale or rent.

(12) Check out these super monkey variant covers inspired by the upcoming Marvel Apes series. I wonder how they'd handle HIDDEN's monkeys.
H.T.: Rey.

(13) There might be some criticism of this old man and his younger female running mate, but frak it if they don't have my vote.

(14) Telepath Psy Arena utilizes the combat structure of the previous Telepath games, whittled down to the basic elements of fighting and leveling up. I think I'm about to waste more of my life...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

I didn't know anything about MK Vs. DC until I clicked your link. That's so awesome. I can't wait.

9/01/2008 5:36 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

I don't know... Pr0n Monkey and Fez Monkey fling toxic poo with deadly accuracy. I'd have to give them a 5:4 edge.

9/03/2008 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home