8.11.2008

Phantasmic Links 8.11.08

I guess all children go through phases in which they're less than patient or cooperative. I witnessed one terrible two or three-year-old acting out during mass this weekend. He was pouting and kept smacking his mother's hand away when she reached out to him. He was in his Sunday best, with the exception of a black leather vest with a skull on it. I had to wonder if the kid was acting like a little devil because his parents bought him the vest, or if they bought him the vest because he acted like a little devil. He was certainly too young to buy his own skull vest. It was a mystery. His dad held out a hand with a toy car which the child regarded for a few seconds before smacking his dad's hand as well. The mother said something softly to the child which I couldn't hear, but could probably deduce by his loud defiant response of, “NNNNNO!!! This isn't GOD'S house!!!” She scooped him up quickly and finally took him outside. The worst I ever did as a boy was crawl around on the floor; I was never creative enough to be that mischievous and play a get-out-of-church early card. In keeping with my tradition of being less creative on Sundays, I'm going to rely on the creativity of others as I list this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS :

(1) Click Myclofigia and get our city to #1!

(2) Symmetry Explorer is an addictive visual treat! Just type in anything you can think of to generate a series of fascinating reflected images.
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(3) Let's pause for a moment to remember Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes whom we both lost this weekend, far too soon.

(4) I should pay more attention to sports; I totally missed this Summer olympics theme song.

(5) In Motherload, you control a drill and mine for ore, which you can trade to improve your drill. What treasures await in the depths of Mars?

(6) “Woman riding a donkey fights off lion with machete.” I could live my whole life and never have the opportunity to write a headline like that.
H.T.: Darrell.

(7) In Destructathon, two teams do battle with fireworks. Paintball suddenly seems dull...
H.T.: B13.

(8) Christian Bale dzNThvTHRTcncrrRRRR!!! LMAO.

(9) Mr. Rogers makes a SCARY clown. In the words of John Sheppard, “We do our best to fight them off, but...they keep sending them in."
H.T.: B13.

(10) Ever wanted to see inside a pyramid?

(11) These may be the 50 funniest road signs I've ever seen.

(12) We'll end this batch with the 6 worst comic book super husbands. Great power only comes with so much.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

Seriously #6 is the best title ever! You can't even make stuff up like that.

8/11/2008 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home