8.02.2008

One of those Heat Waves.

About two weeks ago, I had a rare weekend where I didn't have to work with any of my Summer bands. But it was ridiculously hot, and I think I spent both days watching movies, lying amid frozen water bottles in front of a fan. I only left the house for church and to go see The Dark Knight with my friends. I don't deal with heat well. The lawn went unmowed, and last weekend it went unmowed again as I played gigs both days.

My computer's fan gets dangerously loud when it's this hot, and I don't like to leave it on for long. The strange thing is, it didn't seem that hot during the week, and as Friday night lapses into Saturday morning, it feels like it's getting warmer. We're expecting high temperatures and some scatter storms this weekend, so it looks like it's going to be another one of those weekends. I wish I was a warm weather person, but when it gets to be a certain temperature blinking makes me sweat. Since joining the gym, I don't feel like I've lost much weight, but I've definitely been able to tighten my belt another notch or two, so something's working. And still I sweat, so it's a matter of metabolism not mass.

I survived July, but I'm sure August won't be the end of this, not if previous years are any indication. It will be September or October before I really feel comfortable again, when I can go for long walks with my camera and not have to worry about it getting wet, or when I can run my computer all day on a Saturday or Sunday. I love the Spring. I like the Fall. I could do without the snow shoveling and cold mornings in Winter, otherwise it's not so bad. Summer is honestly my least favorite season. I loved it as a kid, looked forward to it all year, and mourned the last day before I had to return to school. Each year it went by faster and faster, until one day I graduated and the concept of Summer and vacation were gone forever. Now, the Summer months are the same as the rest except it's hotter and I work more weekends with my bands.

My brain is boiling. My thoughts are melting. My computer is panting. I just another one of millions of sweaty fat guys registering displeasure on the internet on a Friday night, and for now I'm done. I'll write more when it's cooler.

5 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

DUDE! GET AN AIR CONDITIONER! YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE!

I need to go shoot some more photos this weekend.

I need a wiif for next Friday.

8/02/2008 12:06 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

So are you still going to visit us here in Palm Springs during August? It's only about 115-120.

8/02/2008 5:36 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Rhodester WINS, by a good 25-30 degrees.

8/02/2008 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer is my least favorite season as well. I hate the heat. I hate going outside when the air is thick with humidity. Fall is my season and I can't wait for it.

8/02/2008 10:16 AM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

I share your pain buddy! The only difference is that I have air conditioning and never want to leave the house :)

8/02/2008 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home