4.10.2008

Bracket Blogs 2nd Round

When I debuted Bracket Blogs last week, it was definitely something of an experiment. In hindsight, some of the matchups made sense, while others were clearly random as some people pointed out to me. Nevertheless, the response was greater than expected, and almost made me understand the appeal of sports.

First, we'll check the scores and see who makes it to the second round, then we'll check who we have paired up for next week.

1) Lorna: 8 Votes
Cube: 2 Votes
WINNER: Lorna

2) CoffeeSister: 4 Votes
Willow Crossing: 6 Votes
WINNER: Willow Crossing

3) The Art of Getting By: 4 Votes
The Unseen Blogger: 6 Votes
WINNER: The Unseen Blogger

4) Rey's A Point: 2 Votes
Spiritual Tramp: 8 Votes
WINNER: Spiritual Tramp

5) A Golden World: 5 Votes
The Southern Conservative: 6 Votes
WINNER: The Southern Conservative

6) Rocketship of the Mind: 7 Votes
Lyndonology: 3 Votes
WINNER: Rocketship of the Mind

7) The Chronicles of Rhodester: 4 Votes
The Bayer Family Blog: 6 Votes
WINNER: The Bayer Family Blog

8) B13Fotographica: 8 Votes
SwanShadow: 4 Votes
WINNER: B13Fotographica

Wow, some of those were close! I got nervous a few times, as I realized I have absolutely no tie-breaking mechanism in place. I guess I would have had both blogs moving to the next round in the event of a tie, giving each a 1 in 3(or 4) chance of getting a vote. Anyway, here's what the chart looks like for next week:



1) Lorna vs. Willow Crossing

2) The Unseen Blogger vs. Spiritual Tramp

3) The Southern Conservative vs. Rocketship of the Mind

4) The Bayer Family Blog vs. B13Fotographica

And you thought THIS round was tough. Those who didn't make it through worry not; you're all winners in my book or you wouldn't be in the blogroll. Good luck to the Final Eight! Start casting your votes; you have one week.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

WOO HOO! I feel pumped and honored (so far) :)

This is going to be tough!

I have to go with Lorna. Her posts have been captivating and consistent.

Next, Although I like ST's reads, I stick by my fellow republicans :) so The Unseen Blogger gets choice #2.

#3 is a toss up. I like them both for different reasons. But SC took a LOA. Rocketship of the Mind gets the vote.

#4 I know... I'm a d***... B13Fotographica

4/10/2008 12:37 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

HI! MY NAME IS DAVE! I WENT SKATING TODAY AND I SAW A REAL BEAR IN THE ZOO AND IT SMILED AT ME!

I like CHEDDAR CHEESE!

Tattoos are BAD! EWWW!!!

4/10/2008 5:45 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

OK..
1. Lorna
2. Spirit tramp
3. Southern Comfort And Conservation
4. b13

4/10/2008 9:21 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/10/2008 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Nervously tugs collar.* Me up against Unseen? Whew. That's gonna be hard.

Okay here goes.

1) Lorna, hands down.
2) Me, of course. ;-)
3) Southcon.
4) B13. See I can reach across the aisle. ;-)

4/10/2008 11:58 AM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

Woowho, second to last again. The story of my life...

Well here's my picks for the 2nd round.

Lorna
The Unseen Blogger
Rocketship of the Mind
The Bayer Family Blog

I love the your all winners in my book line to us losers. It's bad as elementary school, when they used to give you a participation ribbon for losing ;-)

4/10/2008 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nothing, dude. I have a collection of "Dribbling" ribbons from the year I played soccer as a kid. :)

4/10/2008 2:58 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

1. Lorna
2. Spiritual Tramp
3. Rocketship of the Mind
4. B13Fotographica

4/10/2008 10:55 PM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

Damn, I knew I should have played soccer as a kid. I would have probably gotten a few more ribbons :-)

4/10/2008 11:34 PM  
Blogger SPM said...

I made it past the first round of MCFs BracketBlogs. Whoo Hooo!

Now, I’m up against The Southern Conservative, who is taking a break from blogging. Good for him. His stuff isn’t quite my cup of tea anyway, so I don’t feel so bad voting for myself here at the almighty Rocketship of the Mind.

A few of the blogs I voted for didn’t make it out of the first round. I was pretty torn between B13Fotographica and SwanShadow, so I have no qualms in voting for B13 and his photoblog. Although I do like The Bayer Family Blog.

As for the remaining blogs, here’s what I think...

Lorna over Willow Crossing because Lorna just seems happier...

Spiritual Tramp over The Unseen Blogger because I’m not in favor of ultraconservative anything.

If the voting goes as I think it might, I will be in the Final Four up against B13. Perhaps I should put up a photoblog post myself... sneaky devil that I am.

4/11/2008 12:21 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

1) Willow Crossing
2) The Unseen Blogger
3) The Southern Conservative
4) The Bayer Family Blog

4/11/2008 2:35 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

BRACKETS is too competitive for me---I've been known to throw a pack of cards at the ceiling if I'm losing. Also, pitting Lorna and kristine is like, wrong. The woman is a genius with a twisted sense of humour and taste buds that go on forever. Did I say include me out? (looks for symbols that mean "smiling:)

4/11/2008 5:11 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Dn't you dare, Sean.
DON'T YOU DARE!

;) LOL

4/11/2008 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"include me out", Lorna? I'm afraid that's for the people to decide. It can still go either way.

4/11/2008 3:11 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

I put an animation up that should get me the cuteness vote :) LOL

4/11/2008 10:55 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

How does this game work? Amazingly I lost. I can't see why considering my blog is updated at least twice a month these days:)

4/12/2008 6:57 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

It's all based on reader votes. Back when you posted daily and had like 100 readers, it probably would have taken me a lot longer to count the votes. :)

I'll probably do variations on this theme in the future though as I iron out the wrinkles. My next set of brackets might be something other than blogs though, like favorite candy bar or sitcom or something...

4/12/2008 9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1) Lorna vs. Willow Crossing:
Lorna, even though the header's changed there's still enough pink to make her overpowering.

2) The Unseen Blogger vs. Spiritual Tramp
Unseen. You still can't fight an invisible blogger, even if you're spiritual!

3) The Southern Conservative vs. Rocketship of the Mind
SoCon, merely because of all the South of The Border signs in the Carolinas.

4) The Bayer Family Blog vs. B13Fotographica

B13. He's been jockeying for votes with mass emails loaded with pictures.

4/15/2008 2:00 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

All I know is that if I go up against "Unseen" I may have to bust out my special lens that catches invisible acts... in the act! :)

4/15/2008 4:36 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I'm not sure, but we might be looking at a few ties this round. Still a few hours to vote before I tally things officially....

4/16/2008 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home