2.18.2008

Phantasmic Links 2.18.08

Bad acting, nice car and driving sequences, and cool theme music combined to make the new Knight Rider a worthy successor to the original, definitely better than the short-lived Team Knight Rider. I'd watch an ongoing series if this television movie does well enough to earn one. I'd also watch an ongoing series or sequels based on Jumper, which had a great concept, great effects and a great cast with the exception of Hayden Christensen. It's a bit of a problem when the villain and the sidekick are both more entertaining and portrayed by higher caliber actors than the hero. As one of my friends pointed out, Jake LLoyd would have done much better with the role. It was an entertaining diversion in the style of your average comic book movie, which I suspect would disappoint fans of the novel, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Meanwhile, you can still depend on PHANTASMIC LINKS to deliver a good sequel or ongoing series each and every week:

(1) Here's my weekly Myclofigia reminder! It won't be long before our city has 200 denizens, though we have a long way to go to reach the top spot.

(2) It's a what?! While researching old commercials for a friend, I came across the Swing Wing, which probably gave migraines and/or brain damage to an entire generation who grew up to complain about their kids sitting too close to the television and playing video games.

(3) Hello? Is it Lionel Richie on helium you're looking for?
Hat Tip: Darrell

(4) If you think that voice is funny, check out Spongebob voice actors dubbing classic movies.

(5) Mandles, for ladies who want to get their fella a manly candle. I wouldn't mind steak sauce scented...
H.T.: B13.

(6) Hilarity ensues when a corny soccer mom interviews Bill Hader, Rashida Jones, Lonny Ross and Rob Riggle. Whether in a minivan or a ladies' gym, one wonders how she got them to agree. Imagine if I interviewed celebrities? From my room? And I wore a cloak? Yeah, that'd just be creepy.
H.T.: Rey.

(7) Since I actually know at least three geeks with children, I thought this Geek Parenting site may be of interest.

(8) Superman: The Man of Slam-Dunk Contests!

(9) We can all learn something from Oswald's Big Banana. What a strange, strange cartoon with no double meanings whatsoever...
H.T.: Rey.

(10) The Force is Strong with this Darth Vader Hot Air Balloon.

(11) Barbie's Fall lineup includes superheroes. It'd be weird if I thought their Supergirl was particularly hot, right? I'm just asking hypothetically of course...

(12) Finally, of all the ‘bots to release a rap album, why did it have to be HIM?



Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

GOD DAMN! Did you see "Black Canary"???

Diana Prince is gonna' have to get that "Wonder Woman" figure ;)

Um... come to think of it... why isn't black canary... black?

2/18/2008 12:39 AM  
Blogger SPM said...

At least you didn't say Slip Kid was a rip-off of Jumper...

2/18/2008 1:29 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

huh... I just discovered geekparenting.com today too!!

Heard it mentioned on the Geekdads podcast.

2/18/2008 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home