2.16.2008

Half-Baked Half-Dozen

Last weekend, I invited readers to guess actor's names with only six letters, three from one, three from another, but otherwise in order. There were six groups of six, and while the individuals in each group were connected somehow, so too did an element link the groups. Here are the names of everyone who ventured a guess:

...

Okay, clearly this isn't the newest Nexus game, but I'm going to keep trying until I find one that works. I refuse to believe my best ideas are behind me. Meanwhile, here are the answers to last week's puzzle:

Group 1: from The Matrix Reloaded
1) ncefis=Laurence Fishburne
2) anuree=Keanu Reeves
3) nnemos=Carrie-Anne Moss
4) icabel=Monica Bellucci
5) oldper=Harold Perrineau
6) ugowea=Hugo Weaving

Group 2: from Saving Private Ryan
1) tomhan=Tom Hanks
2) attdam=Matt Damon
3) vindie=Vin Diesel
4) emydav=Jeremy Davies
5) nnirib=Giovanni Ribisi
6) ardbur=Edward Burns

Group 3: from Smokin' Aces
1) yanrey=Ryan Reynolds
2) raylio=Ray Liotta
3) hewfox=Matthew Fox
4) emypiv=Jeremy Piven
5) sonbat=Jason Bateman
6) ndygar=Andy Garcia

Group 4: from Planet Terror
1) osemcg=Rose McGowan
2) ddyrod=Freddy Rodriguez
3) eenand=Naveen Andrews
4) efffah=Jeff Fahey
5) oshbro=Josh Brolin
6) ucewil=Bruce Willis

Group 5: from Hulk
1) ricban=Eric Bana
2) fercon=Jennifer Connelly
3) oshluc=Josh Lucas
4) icknol=Nick Nolte
5) daekim=Daniel Dae Kim
6) samell=Sam Elliott

Group 6: from The Rules of Attraction
1) mesvan=James Van Der Beek
2) nynsos=Shannyn Sossamon
3) iansom=Ian Somerhalder
4) icabie=Jessica Biel
5) jaybar=Jay Baruchel
6) atebos=Kate Bosworth


Finally, why did I choose groups of actors from these six films? The common link is that each list contains at least one cast member of Lost. And now that the answers are found, I'll cook up some more ideas for the future...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)

2/16/2008 1:44 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

I have to admit that these last few games are very well thought out but when I look through pages so late at night my mind just doesn't grasp the big picture. I figured out some of the names but would have NEVER connected the LOST characters.

Keep it up though. I believe the best is yet to come ;)

2/16/2008 2:07 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Good game, bad player---I couldn't put any names together and I thought the connection must be Transformers, aobut which I am also pretty dull-witted.

2/18/2008 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home