2.11.2008

Phantasmic Links 2.11.08

I love weekends, but the better they are, the worse it is to go back to work on Monday. I really need to start taking some vacation days and enjoy some three day weekends. In the meantime, to ease the pain of Mondays, here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Remember, the more we click Myclofigia the closer our city gets to #1!

(2) As an art director, I think I've risen quite a bit above the role of “pranksta”, but I have a ways to go before I become a ”Design Gangsta”. Seriously though, keep those guides LOCKED.
Hat Tip: Rey.

(3) On other artistic fronts, Rey's brother animates a sad and beautiful trilogy.


(4) In FWG Knight, ride against dragons and deadly opponents in a run to defend your kingdom.
H.T.: B13.

(5) Married, engaged, or have good musical taste? Janet is looking for wedding song suggestions.

(6) Inevitable but sad from a nostalgic point-of-view: ”Polaroid No Longer Does Polaroids”. I still own mine, though I haven't used it since college because the film was so expensive. I remember the first time I saw one at a family gathering, watching this blank square turn colors as someone shook it and an image slowly appeared. Rest in peace, dead format.

(7) The Dark Knight trailer returns in LEGO form.
H.T.: Darrell.

(8) In related news, now you can own a red batphone! Tempting...

(9) An improv group of over 200 freezes in place in Grand Central Station. I'd love to run into one of these things live someday.
H.T.: B13.

(10) A tentative deal could spell the end of the writer's strike. When will your shows return? I'll just be happy if Scrubs gets a proper finale.

(11) Cap artist Steve Epting shares classic illustrations he did for a Marvel theme restaurant menu back in the ‘90s.

(12) As Good As It Gets: Psychological Thriller.
H.T.: B13.

(13) Apparently, this modified racing game footage of 1,000 cars has been around for a while, but since I saw it for the first time this weekend and was mesmerized, I had to share it.

(14) What can artists do with just one sheet of paper? You'd be surprised and impressed.
H.T.: Darrell.

(15) Finally, what can 3 graphic designers do on a limited budget? Apparently, they can recreate D-Day. I love the marriage of talent and computers.
H.T.: Scott.

Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

What a great bunch of links this week. I can never get tired of the paper art and that D-day video was just insane! That is pure talent.

2/11/2008 12:53 AM  
Blogger MC said...

I always thought as Good as It Gets WAS a Psychological Thriller anyway.

2/15/2008 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home