1.07.2008

Phantasmic links 1.7.08

The Simpsons has been pretty good this season. I've always enjoyed it, but I have to admit the last few years paled compared to previous ones. When I was in college, I had to tape and rewatch episodes, and I was constantly quoting them. This season hasn't been as good as those past years, but it's been a lot better than the last few. One bit that cracked me up in this week's politically-themed episode had Bill Clinton on a cell phone asking his wife why he had to put up so many campaign signs for her and what he did that made her think he owed her anything. After a moment listening to her, he replies, “Oh, you're never gonna let me live that down, are ya?” I'll have another great recent example of this strong season below in this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Business is booming in Myclofigia! Click on by and help our industry grow!

(2) See Homer's 39 years in just over a minute of hilarious and poignant stills. It's an epic satire.

(3) I imagine it's not easy being a teacher, but for some it might be very funny or very sad.

(4) This guy modifies his Wii remote to track his head movements and create a more realistic three dimensional perception of a virtual reality. How do people figure this stuff out?
Hat Tip: B13

(5) Together at last: Super Mario Bros. and Doom!

(6) Should I be worried if my career isn't listed as one of the Best Careers in 2008, or happy that no one else wants to do my job?

(7) The Decapitator is an artist who goes around the city modifying posters and removing heads. Let's be glad it hasn't gone beyond art.

(8) Is your Powerswing powerful enough to take out your opponent?

(9) After falling 47 stories, a window washer lives to tell the tale. Miraculous.

(10) Finally, in a rare deviation from my usual secretive nature, here I am trying a Slip ‘n Slide...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

The Simpsons had a new episode this week? Didn't even know!

1/07/2008 6:25 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

looking good!

1/08/2008 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home